Change Mode

Hi well ive just received PcMatic as part of an offer through trial pay and im having some problems with it loading.

Instalation went fine but when i try to run it i get a error msg saying some activex files could not be loaded please try again.

Then the loading window carrys on tryin to load but never does anything more an i have to kill it through task manager, im not an expert on pc's at all so would appriceate any help on this matter, thx.

Edit.. ive also just tried all the help ive managed to find on the forum an by google eg. running a full test on ur site(no issuses), the activex repair/remove tools, running it in safe mode and checking winpatrol for the blocked DLL, none of these helped me so far im still getting the same msg as before even in safe mode.

Thx for any help posted in advance, :)

Edited by stebow

:wp:

Make sure that you are both installing and running PC Matic from an administrator account. You can right-click on the icon(s) and select 'Run as' and assign an administrator account.

If that does not resolve the issue, run the Active X control removal tool from the link below:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/27/183.../Remove-All.zip

If you are using Vista, first save the file above to your desktop, right-click and extract the file, then right-click on the extracted file and select, "Run as administrator".

Once the removal tool completes, run PC Matic again and it should download new Active X controls.

Let us know if the issue is not resolved.

Hi thx for replying, the problem isnt with downloading new files, its just they wont load.

I am running from admin account, ive tried everything i can think of including rebooting, running in safe mode (with networking), the repair/removal activex tool, clearing the browser cache, adding pcpitstop as a trusted site, reinstalling the program and switching off my AV an FW.

Unfortunately the problem is still not resolved, is there anything else i should try or any other help you might offer?

Thx again, Stebow.

Edited by stebow

Please post an OverDrive link so that we can see what is taking place on your computer. You will need to register an account, login, and run the full tests from the link below, then copy and paste the URL from the results page into your reply:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/

If you need help, there is a tutorial here:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/html/helpfiles/techexphelp.htm

Thank you for the OverDrive link. Have you tried uninstalling the Antivir product to see if it is interfering?

Please go to My Computer>Local disk C:\>Windows>Downloaded Program Files and let me know what the names are of the PC Pitstop files in that folder.

There should be four:

DiskMD3Ctrl.dll

pcpitstop2.dll

pcpitstopAntiVirus.dll

PCPitstop.dll

Download the zip file from this link and save it to your desktop:

http://www.myalbumbank.com/albums/userpics...cmatic_dlls.zip

Once the file is downloaded, right-click and select 'Extract all'.

Copy the four unzipped files into the folder at C:\Windows\system32:

DiskMD3Ctrl.dll

pcpitstop2.dll

pcpitstopAntiVirus.dll

PCPitstop.dll

Then go to Start>Programs>Accessories>Command prompt and type the following commands, hitting the Enter key at the end of each line:

cd\

regsvr32 DiskMD3Ctrl.dll

regsvr32 pcpitstop2.dll

regsvr32 PCPitstop.dll

regsvr32 pcpitstopAntiVirus.dll

You should receive a confirmation message after each one that the DLL file was successfully registered.

Try running PC Matic again.

Please open Internet Explorer and go to: Tools | Manage Add-ons | Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer and also | Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer and verify that all Active X add-ons from PC Pitstop are enabled.

Sorry I missed that. I scanned back through the entire topic before asking but just missed seeing it.

Yes, we are going in circles. The problem is not with the PC Matic program, the problem is with the local computer blocking two of the Active X controls for some reason. If I were sitting in front of the computer I could probably troubleshoot the problem in 15 minutes, but instead I only have the test results and your descriptions to try to figure out what is stopping the installation of the two remaining Active X controls. Something has specifically singled them out as the other controls are working.

At this point I'm out of simple ideas. You can try running PC Matic from Safe Mode with Networking, as whatever is blocking may not be active in Safe Mode, and be sure to select the 'with Networking' option so there is an Internet connection.

Yeah ive already tried running it in safemode with networking but its just the same there, well thx for the help anyway i suppose its just a no go for me.

If i do manage to solve the problem il make sure i post here for possible benefit of anyone else with the same problem.

One other thing to check is a possible problem is WMI corruption. To check for this:

* Right-click the My Computer icon and select Manage.

* Open the "Services and Applications" tree.

* Right-click the "WMI Control" item and select Properties.

In the dialog that appears, you should see this message:

Successfully connected to:

If you see error messages, try the steps recommended on this page to rebuild the WMI Repository:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm

Or the steps from here to repair permissions:

http://8help.osu.edu/3618.html