Change Mode

Finishing my 1st build, and now i have another problem....

the weird thing, the 2 power connectors are on opposite sides of the board... the long connector is actually 2 pieces that lock together not just 1 rail.. and the other is just the 4 pin connector.... i'll see if i can grab another power supply while im out tomorrow... i can always return it if i dont need it..... but what should i get? or look for in the PS??

the weird thing, the 2 power connectors are on opposite sides of the board... the long connector is actually 2 pieces that lock together not just 1 rail.. and the other is just the 4 pin connector.... i'll see if i can grab another power supply while im out tomorrow... i can always return it if i dont need it..... but what should i get? or look for in the PS??

Look for something that has a strong *Single* 12v rail (60A is good) and plenty of connectors...

Connectors

1 x Main connector (24Pin)

1 x 12V(P4)

2 x 12V(8Pin)

8 x peripheral

8 x SATA

1 x Floppy

6 x PCI-E

I have 3 of these: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ctCode=10008755

and I have a Silverstone OP850 that is rock solid. A good PSU is going to cost you a pretty penny, but well worth it. ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817256016

Here's one in Joisy that'll work..... http://microcenter.com/single_product_resu...duct_id=0263183

:geezer:

Thanks.. its was one of the best ones they had there to choose from.... alrho they had another gamer one but looking at the specs, it seemed like it was just what i needed, so i went with this... coulda got a 850, but didnt think it was necessary..

Yeah, i'll have to do that.. had to do that with one of my connectors on the one i have now... hopefully this will fix the problem ::crosses fingers::

I'll keep y'all updated!

New power supply went in great.... so i went and booted up... aaaaaand still had the same problem. Trying to install windows and it freezes at the "setup is starting..." screen......

Now i'm desperate, what else can i try??

i'm up on AIM/iChat if anyone feels like shooting me an IM instead... SM199

I'm trying some different RAM configurations now.. maybe its a bad stick??

Edited by Superman199

Ok, different RAM configurations have produced different results each time...

1 of the sticks in, it went to the Install process, but this time, the "Setup is Starting..." didn't even get chance to come up, it froze right before that....

the other stick in, it wouldnt even get to the 1st install screen, it would restart itself and continue that cycle....

i tried putting them both in the 2 different 1st slots, and it froze up on the Windows is Starting screen

Just put it back to normal, when it gets to the Setup is Starting screen, it'll reset on itself....

RAM issue??? :cr@sh::cr@sh::cr@sh:

Do you know the voltage of your memory. I would go into the bios under the MB Intelligent Tweaker and change the ram voltage from auto to what the specs are for the memory.

going by the specs i have, i went into the bios and i i think i was able to raise it to 1.75... according to the info, it needs to be 1.7-1.8.... so i adjusted to there.... Rebooting now and seeing what happens...........................................

:snooze::snooze::snooze:

Well i'll be dammned.... so far, it's gone on without a hitch...... im installing windows now!

WOOHOO!!! Thanks!! if there are any other problems, i'll keep u guys updated!!

:b33r::b33r::b33r: