help cannot install optomize 3

If you are using IE, please go to: Tools | Manage Add-ons | Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer and also | Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer and verify that all Active X add-ons from PC Pitstop are enabled.

One listed PC Pitstop Utility enabled Active X also in IE current nothing- IE have been PC Pitstop Current is listed as enabled- nothing in add ons without permission-then in downloaded Active X shows Pitstop Utility enabled. Edited by pollyanna4
  • 3 weeks later...

One listed PC Pitstop Utility enabled Active X also in IE current nothing- IE have been PC Pitstop Current is listed as enabled- nothing in add ons without permission-then in downloaded Active X shows Pitstop Utility enabled.

I have not heard from you since dec 28th- anything new about opt 3? sill unable to load -

Please go to our help desk and open a ticket so that we can get some more information and a log file and can continue assisting you from there. You can open a ticket from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

I opened a new ticket however I do not know what else we can do- ran an over drive, nothing new there, tried again with opt- did not install- checked active x and it is working. What ever is stopping it from loading I have not a clue. I have checked everything and documented it in this Forum with you. I appreciate your help however I am beginning to think it is a lost cause for me.

Hi pollyanna4,

Are you making any progress at the help desk?

If not, please ask to be assigned to Doug and we can get your ticket escalated to a developer.

Help desk has not contacted me, as far as I know my new ticket was not acknowledged, can you contact Doug? I do not have a new open number at the help desk- I do not my money back, not asking for that, I have owned your products for years, I would like a solutuion though, if not , well I just will give up on opt, - interesting, driver alert works, so does overdrive when I run it.
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with PCMatic. I click "download" and run and nothing seems to happen. I click "download" and save, and the EFW file gets saved under programs, but then I can't seem to open it to run setup. Installed just fine on one PC (using Win Vista), but CAN NOT install on the other PC (using Win XP). Frustrating.

:wp:

What you are describing is consistent with your download file being renamed with the .efw extension by software on your computer. If you have the CA Firewall or Security Center installed, that is the source of the file renaming: http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/efw

Download another copy of PC Matic from here using the 'save' option: http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Right-click the downloaded file and rename it to pcmatic-setup.exe . If necessary, go to Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>View and remove the check mark from 'Hide extensions for known file types', then click 'apply' so you can see the actual file name.

Once the file is renamed back to an .exe, it should be executable again.

Alternatively, you can temporarily disable the inbound email protection that creates .efw extension. It is a feature of the CA Personal Firewall and should be configurable through the user interface. Open the CA Personal Firewall and on the left side click e-mail, then click on the "e-mail Attachments" tab. The sixth item listed will be 'Executable File'. Highlight that line and change the green check mark to a red circle with the white horizontal line. That will allow any .exe file to be downloaded without you having to rename it to get it to run

• 2 weeks later...