Sign in to follow this  
BigJoe5434

Gun Lovers

there ya go :lol:

nah i think Tx lives in Garland, which is about 100 miles from here. i think a generous offer would be meet him half way (Fort Worth) and charge only for my gas used. or no fee if he makes the entire trip :tup:

You are correct and that sounds good to me. My grandmother lives in Joshua so I'm out that way pretty regularly.

You are correct and that sounds good to me. My grandmother lives in Joshua so I'm out that way pretty regularly.

yea i believe Joshua is over around the Cresson and Godley area

yea i believe Joshua is over around the Cresson and Godley area

Yup, 7 mile outside of Cleburne. Little know fact about Joshua, it used to be but not sure it it's still, the KKK capitol of Texas.

Yup, 7 mile outside of Cleburne. Little know fact about Joshua, it used to be but not sure it it's still, the KKK capitol of Texas.

would not surprise me since over a month ago the head guy of the KKK was in walmart :lol:

$171.02 remaining on my layaway

you can almost smell the gunpowder huh?

yes :lol:

cant wait either

You gonna get your CHL?

My dad is looking to purchase a shotgun (mainly for home defense). Anybody have recommendations? Can you go wrong with a Remington? 12 gauge?

Also interested in those shotgun shells that don't go through Sheetrock.

Edited by The Dude

My dad is looking to purchase a shotgun (mainly for home defense). Anybody have recommendations? Can you go wrong with a Remington? 12 gauge?

Also interested in those shotgun shells that don't go through Sheetrock.

The Remington 870 line is dang hard to beat. As far as home defense loads, #6 bird shot in a 2 1/2 shell w/ open or modified choke.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/rem_870_ta...l_shotguns.html

You gonna get your CHL?

yes i do plan to at somepoint :tup:

The Dude, as Tx stated the 870 is very nice, other then that i would go with a Mosberg 500 :tup:

well in this whole process i had to get my drivers licence adress changed to purchase the gun and i should have did it 30 days after i moved but i went damn near 6 months :lol::P

got my new licence in the mail today and when i got the licence address changed i also renewed my licence. these new texas licences look really good :tup:

well in this whole process i had to get my drivers licence adress changed to purchase the gun and i should have did it 30 days after i moved but i went damn near 6 months :lol::P

got my new licence in the mail today and when i got the licence address changed i also renewed my licence. these new texas licences look really good :tup:

But what about the *piece* BJ????

:geezer:

But what about the *piece* BJ????

:geezer:

that will be in probably the next 10 days or so ill get some pictures taken of it or video :shifty:

but yea next time i walk into that gun store im walking out with my new *piece* :P

well i went and picked up my new Springfield XDM 40.

here a few decent pictures from my cell phone, will get some better ones soon :tup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:clap:

could you do me a favour tho please..

i would like arrows pointing to all the pieces in the gun case saying what they are..

knowing nothing about guns and never having held one(air guns don't count) i can only guess what the pieces are..

for example starting from the left..

top might be shoulder holster

bottom a belt holster

next might be a sight

next might be cleaning rod

next gun

below gun handle might be spare grip for cleaning rod

above gun handle 2 bullet magazines?

:shrug:

so a nice diagram please for us gun illiterate people if you wouldn't mind. :tup:

:b33r:

i would like arrows pointing to all the pieces in the gun case saying what they are..

knowing nothing about guns and never having held one(air guns don't count) i can only guess what the pieces are..

for example starting from the left..

top might be shoulder holster

bottom a belt holster

next might be a sight

next might be cleaning rod

next gun

below gun handle might be spare grip for cleaning rod

above gun handle 2 bullet magazines?

:shrug:

so a nice diagram please for us gun illiterate people if you wouldn't mind. :tup:

:b33r:

here ya go terry :tup:

Posted Image

:drool: That's a nice lookin firearm. If you 40 is anything like my 9 is/was, the freakin spring is stiff as all get out. I was taken back at how strong it is, considering it's the first new semi-auto I've ever owned, all my experience was w/ weapons w/ thousands of rounds though them and being well broken in.

Grats and have fun responsibly. :tup:

Cuz

Edited by Tx Redneck

If you ever make it this side of the pond, I'll personally take you to the shooting range, both indoors and out, to shoot a wide variety of guns. You just lemme know when/if you're headed this way. ;)

Edited by Tx Redneck

:drool: That's a nice lookin firearm. If you 40 is anything like my 9 is/was, the freakin spring is stiff as all get out. I was taken back at how strong it is, considering it's the first new semi-auto I've ever owned, all my experience was w/ weapons w/ thousands of rounds though them and being well broken in.

Grats and have fun responsibly. :tup:

Cuz

yea the spring in the slide is very stiff, as is the magazine springs but 3 days of fully loaded mags should soften it up a bit

now just got to get some time to fire it :tup:

yea the spring in the slide is very stiff, as is the magazine springs but 3 days of fully loaded mags should soften it up a bit

now just got to get some time to fire it :tup:

Surely you know someone out that way that has some land you can go kill some dirt or trees on.

Surely you know someone out that way that has some land you can go kill some dirt or trees on.

funny you say that went to show a buddy and another guy i know said he has a friend with alot of land towards PK Lake :tup:

funny you say that went to show a buddy and another guy i know said he has a friend with alot of land towards PK Lake :tup:

Hook it up! Let's go shootin. :tup: Maybe even throw a pole....

Edited by Tx Redneck