Whats This Folder

Hi

Tanks for that info

Well ever since the last "Windows Up-Date" my PC stalls 3 or 4 times out of 10 start up's.

I decided to Restore my PC prior to the last Up-Dates hoping this will put the folder in the right place.

Posted Image

Here are those last Up-Dates I think, well they have come back to be Re-Installed.

Regards

El Tel

Edited (Typo Errors) :rofl2:

Edited by El Tel

One other thing that now shows on every start up is this

Posted Image

Didn't ask :nono: for it, don't want it :thud: but seem to be stuck :rolleyes: with it.

Regards

El Tel

Hi Jacee

Un-Install MSN live toolbar

Had a look in "Add Remove" and couldn't find this to Un-Install

BTW .... you have many outdated security programs! Spybot s&d, Spyware Blaster, etc.

While these are on my PC these also are not installed, they were before I did a Complete Format and Re-Installed "Windows XP Professional"

Download Secunia's Personal Software Inspector, run a scan and update all vulnerable applications.

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

Downloaded this but have not run it, as I was already doing a complete scan with MalwareBytes.

I need to run PCPitStop Scan and Up-Date my "Techexpress" details when all is sorted.

PS (Edit)

Posted Image The result of Secunia Scan

Regards

El Tel

Edited by El Tel

Hi

No patches to install, all looks well there.

Can this folder be deleted or moved, if so where to.

Regards

El Tel

:(

Hi.

One other thing that now shows on every start up is this

Posted Image

Didn't ask :nono: for it, don't want it :thud: but seem to be stuck :rolleyes: with it.

Regards

El Tel

Did some more research on this and running some "cmd" lines that didn't remove it either and the last resort was to just delete the whole folder which did work.

Uninstall MSN live toolbar

Still can't find this to delete :unsure:

I need to run PCPitStop Scan and Up-Date my "Techexpress" details when all is sorted.

New one Up-Dated

PS (Edit)

Posted Image The result of Secunia Scan

No patches to install, all looks well there.

This is very misleading for the first time user and should have been explained a bit more. While is looks like to be alright, in fact it found 20 issues and 99 patches that needed to be sorted and these only shown up when and if you pluck up the courage to click on the "Advanced Settings"

Hi

Can this folder be deleted or moved, if so where to.

Deleting the folder doesn't work. An error message says it in use, write protected or something.

Regards

El Tel

Hi

The "Search Enhancement Pack" folder is all sorted.

I'm just left with the folder "441cb5f0af3d8c67a25579c816" in my opening post, that gives an error when trying to delete it

Posted Image

I've Re-Named the folder "441cb5f0af3d8c67a25579c816 WhatThis" and still get the :thud: above error.

Regards

El Tel

Hi

Thanks for that link, made for an interesting read. Post No2 links were far to technical for me especially when it got down to the :thud: "Script" bit. Then post No3 he warra bit aggressive ( Glad he is not on this forum :rofl2: ) Tried to take control of that folder with no luck or didn't quite know what I was doing, so before I booted into Safe Mode.

As I had already managed to rename the folder. This might just be a workaround that worked for me.

What I tried, without going into Safe Mode.

I made a "New Folder" and left it with the default folder name as I caught a key and it disappeared. I located this "New Folder" which was in "My Documents" I then moved the folder 441cb5f0af3d8c67a25579c816 into this "New Folder" creating a sub folder, then I moved this "New Folder" containing this pesky sub folder to the "Recycle Bin" where it still is for the time being. Then I did a "Shut Down" and Re-Started my PC and Emptied the Recycle Bin and it has gone and I'm still here :unsure: well for now... Not saying this is going to work for everybody, but it sure did for me.

:tup:

Regards

El Tel

Hi.

Uninstall MSN live toolbar

:(

Still can't find this to delete :unsure:

I found it top right hand corner, which has now been set to "Bing"...

If any one else has been asked to remove / uninstall it you will find, or I did; that you will have to make it your default search provider first, if not; like me you will be unable to remove it as "Remove" is greyed out.

Regards

El Tel

Edit

Typo Error

Edited by El Tel