Change Mode

Fellow folders. As of Thursday Dec 3rd I will be off line till I get home on the 11th. Gonna shut down my boxes and not sure if I will start them back up when I return....will discuss this with you when I get home .(it has nothing to do with points.) As always fold on my friends :sparkle::tup:

we needed him even while kram was here.. :lol:

dedicated pitstop folders are the only reason this team is still going. ;)

and they are few and far between but you all know who you are.. :clap:

:b33r:

Fellow folders,

I just went online with one of these cheesy puters at my hotel. As I said before leaving for Virginia I would discuss this with you when I get back home..................don't start making any conclusions till then. There are reasons why I should fold ( you will find out) and then there are reasons to stop.

FOLD ON!

Fellow folders,

I just went online with one of these cheesy puters at my hotel. As I said before leaving for Virginia I would discuss this with you when I get back home..................don't start making any conclusions till then. There are reasons why I should fold ( you will find out) and then there are reasons to stop.

FOLD ON!

OK Guys and Gals,

Here is the scoop...................

Why I should fold.........My wife who is 56 years old has been diagnosed with Early onset Alzheimer's. There is no known cure, there is no known way today to reverse it or stop it dead in it's tracks. Folding for Stanford might mean help for others in the future! Fold On. This will be financial ruin for me.

Why I should stop....................I lost my job of 20 years in the automotive supply industry (GKN Sinter Metals) last January and have been on severance and unemployment ever since. Money is tight!!!!!! I really don't know how much I spend on electricity to fold so I thought if I had a one month hiatus I could see it on my utility bill. Now I went away for one week and the team is falling apart again! What would you do?

This is my quandary. I really want to support the Pit Team and donate to Stanford.

Folding is not a points game as some think, it is not how you show what a great computer you have . It is pure scientific research that you are donating your extra clocks and electricity to. This is about helping humanity not showing off. I think I have made this clear in the past but now with my wife's illness and my own financial problems I really don't know what path to take.

As always,

Your Folding Teamie

Michael B :sparkle:

OK Guys and Gals,

Why I should fold.........My wife who is 56 years old has been diagnosed with Early onset Alzheimer's. There is no known cure, there is no known way today to reverse it or stop it dead in it's tracks. Folding for Stanford might mean help for others in the future! Fold On. This will be financial ruin for me.

Why I should stop....................I lost my job of 20 years in the automotive supply industry (GKN Sinter Metals) last January and have been on severance and unemployment ever since. Money is tight!!!!!! I really don't know how much I spend on electricity to fold so I thought if I had a one month hiatus I could see it on my utility bill. Now I went away for one week and the team is falling apart again! What would you do?

This is my quandary. I really want to support the Pit Team and donate to Stanford.

Folding is not a points game as some think, it is not how you show what a great computer you have . It is pure scientific research that you are donating your extra clocks and electricity to. This is about helping humanity not showing off. I think I have made this clear in the past but now with my wife's illness and my own financial problems I really don't know what path to take.

As always,

Your Folding Teamie

Follow your Heart and your gut instinct. If you can afford to Fold, then Fold, if not put a stop to it. ;)

:geezer:

I understand all too well. I have had my problems, which the lord saw fit to see me through.

Money has gotten real tight also. I have been retired for a number of years, and my wife

also. But even with health insurance and such, when things happen like these, it still cost

a pretty penny.

I have donated most of my older machines to service families through the VFW. My machine

is still being used for a server at this time, so I fold just mainly one GPU2 client.

My wife, has some health issues also, which doesn't help. I wish I could afford to do more, but

it is what it is.

I will put you and your wife in a little extra prayer every day.

Put your family first. Folding no better then second. Then do what you can.

folding's not cheap especially when you have no job or have multi systems,

think what i would do is start by turning off all but my best folder for 3 months(assume you get quarterly bills) and see what your electric bill is then,

if you still can't really afford it try stopping gpu clients or just folding 8hrs a day, if the opposite is true and you think you could afford a little more add an extra machine folding just 8hrs a day to the main 24/7 folder.

i don't fold for personal reasons other than i like to think i'm helping mankind in the only way i know how, and that my life might actually make more of a difference to the world, than just in my small area of it.

like we ALWAYS tell everyone mb... ;)

just do what you can when you can,

every little bit helps,

you don't need to fold 24/7

just folding whenever you have your pc on will do,

there are wu's without time limits just for this purpose.

yes we really do fold for the science and to help cure disease.

lots of points are very nice too, tho :lol:

but not essential, ;)

and thats why we really don't care if our team mates score 10 ppd or 100,000 ppd

they are still doing something which is more than most people.

so the same applies to us too, mb :lol:

fold on mate, if at all possible. :tup:

:b33r:

Have no better advice than has been given but really just wanted to say stay strong for that wife of yours and I believe your fortunes will eventually turn around....I KNOW and also believe with all my heart and soul that we are NOT presented with challenges that we cannot handle. You hang in there..... :)

Have no better advice than has been given but really just wanted to say stay strong for that wife of yours and I believe your fortunes will eventually turn around....I KNOW and also believe with all my heart and soul that we are NOT presented with challenges that we cannot handle. You hang in there..... :)

Well, good to see ya' devan!! Thought you'd fallen off the face of the earth....... Hope you got moved o.k.! Be nice to see you putting up some PPD for the old team again......

Well, good to see ya' devan!! Thought you'd fallen off the face of the earth....... Hope you got moved o.k.! Be nice to see you putting up some PPD for the old team again......

I've been around Caintry for the past couple month folding GPU for the team. Got moved at at the beginning of August and all is well. Also, may be asking you for some advice in the hopefully near future about an I7 setup I have in the works just not completed yet. It's great watching us approach 100 million pts. Quite an accomplishment for sure.

I've been around Caintry for the past couple month folding GPU for the team. Got moved at at the beginning of August and all is well. Also, may be asking you for some advice in the hopefully near future about an I7 setup I have in the works just not completed yet. It's great watching us approach 100 million pts. Quite an accomplishment for sure.

Good to know, you sneaky ol' thang you.........and ask away anytime, I'll be glad to give you my $.02 worth!

so it's you who's been folding for og is it?

Prolly a safe bet!!

Edited by caintry_boy

Give only what you can.

You have been a big part of this teams production from early on, and any points you still put up is a major help for OUR team. But it's about more then that now. For now, back down and adjust to your new found problems. And know that this gives us another reason to double our efforts.

Anything we can do to help you on this new aspect of your future, you only have to ask. Your pit family is here for you.

• 4 months later...

OK Guys and Gals,

As always,

Your Folding Teamie

This older post of mine sez it all for now. I feel like I'm missing something but I just gotta find out how much this is costing me per month. Also I can now here myself think with all these fans off and the sides back on the cases. Much much cooler in my room too. TX has volunteered to fold my 2 260-16 gpu's for the summer. I will most likely be back in the fall but can't say for sure. Thanks for everyone's concern. It has always been a pleasure to be on this team. :sparkle:

Later,

MichaelB

This older post of mine sez it all for now. I feel like I'm missing something but I just gotta find out how much this is costing me per month. Also I can now here myself think with all these fans off and the sides back on the cases. Much much cooler in my room too. TX has volunteered to fold my 2 260-16 gpu's for the summer. I will most likely be back in the fall but can't say for sure. Thanks for everyone's concern. It has always been a pleasure to be on this team. :sparkle:

Later,

MichaelB

Hope everything goes well with you and yours cmstpprr!! We'll be here if/when you want to return.......

no probs mb, we do what we can, when we can, ;)

and you've already done loads. :clap:

when money's tight foldings got to be put on hold, simple as.

there's lots more important things that need to come first in our lives.

i hope we do see you back, but don't worry if it's not possible, you've been a long time dedicated folder and it's been my pleasure to have been part of the same team as you. :tup:

hope to still see you pop in even if your not folding, take care. :b33r:

• 3 months later...

Glad to see you Folding again with all your might, cmstpprr!!!

Sorry to make this remark but, What Planet are you on man. That was months ago and I have been folding ever since.