Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Saw some commercials on TV for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 tonight.

Graphics look pretty sweet. Anyone playing it yet and does it look that much better then the first Modern Warfare?

Got it release day and I havent been hooked on a game this bad in a long time. Well worth it, even thought hey are charging $60 now, maps you pay for now, no dedicated servers, no leaning so creeping is hard lol, and small groups of people.

On paper it :filtered: me off, but once you play it you forget all about it. I truely miss having 15 on 15, 5 on 5 on an average game is just stupid.

I'll have to wait until they come out with a no cd hack so I can play it on Linux. :)

The reason I have to wait for that is because Cedaga (the program used to run Windows games) does not allow games to detect my cd/dvd drive. So when I start the game it tells me to insert the cd even if it's in the drive.

Edited by KRAM

Bought it last Friday and installed it on Saturday. Played it just a little bit (through a few checkpoints) on Sunday. I resisted playing it longer until I get a few other things done first. I liked what I saw - it was great!

It activates thru Steam just like F.E.A.R. 2 did, so no disc is needed once its installed. But I don't know about the Linux scenario.

That is good to know, thanks geewhiz. :tup:

I may just stop and pick it up from Best Buy tomorrow. :clap:

On Fri it was 59.99 at Best Buy but it was 49.99 at Fry's. BB matched the price even though the Fry's ad didn't show the price in it. I went to service desk and started to explain about the Fry's ad and he told me he knew all about it and matched the price without any hassle.

I got it and finished the single player campaign. Most of the same characters from the first and it's a continuation of the story line. It's been a long time since I've played the first one, so I can't really comment on if the graphics are "better". They certainly aren't worse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...