Ever have Newegg send the wrong item(s)?

I bought two 1Tb Western Dig drives to go in my file server to be mirrored. I ordered them last week (they had a 10% off code going) and they have been sitting until today when I finally got the rest of the parts for the server.

Anyways I opened one up and it just didn't look right. Looked like a drive from 5 years ago, not condition wise just the style. So upon further inspection they sent me two 80Gb drives. :huh:

Never had an issue like this with newegg before. I called them and told em what the deal was. They gave me an RMA to return the drives, but won't ship my 1Tb drives until they get these worthless drives back. :hammer:

wow :blink:

how in the world can you mix up 80GB and 1TB? i could see them possibly giving a different version of the drive (caviar black and a caviar green) or something but not way out there like that.

whoever handled that order must have had a brain fart :P

I would do some major b**ching about shipping charges. They sent you the wrong item, so you should not have to pay to return them! But no, never run into anything like that from the egg. :(

I RMA'ed an 80gb drive a couple months ago. Got one back (still unopened static bag) dated 7/14/09. Guess they still make them, and this one is IDE!

Edited by dickster

Nope never ran into anything like that with The Egg before.......although I have with Amazon. Bought a radiator heater last year and they sent me the wrong model #, completely different.

:geezer:

hmmm, that California bud should be ready for harvest, maybe too long a lunch break???

Edited by caintry_boy

Happen to me a few times when ordering online

I helped my uncle order a computer online from some place a year ago and they sent the wrong one with slightly better specs and it came with a monitor. Only problem was the place caught on to what happen and said we had to return it.