GeForce driver update?

born2golf

My current version of GeForce 8500Gt is 7.15.11.6960. PC Pitstop says there is a new version dated 10-15-09, 7.15.11.7578. Can't seem to find that version anywhere on Nvidia. Would you please send me the link to obtain that version.

Same thing with Realtek. My version is 6.0.1.5910 and latest version per PC Pitstop is 6.0.1.5943 can't locate it either.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis

Edited by born2golf

:wp:

You don't say what version of Windows you are running, but for XP the latest Nvidia driver for the 8500 GT is the 191.07 released on 10/15/2009, which can be downloaded directly from Nvidia.

I would skip the Realtek driver until it shows up on the computer manufacturer's website downloads.

:wp:

You don't say what version of Windows you are running, but for XP the latest Nvidia driver for the 8500 GT is the 191.07 released on 10/15/2009, which can be downloaded directly from Nvidia.

I would skip the Realtek driver until it shows up on the computer manufacturer's website downloads.

Vista Home Premium is what I am running.

Tried that download and when rebooted it showed an error message and told me to reboot again.

Thanks for trying as I will stick to the latest one I have. Again thanks for responding.

Went into Device Manager and uninstalled old driver, rebooted and tried to install the newest driver. Stated I needed to have Vista and a 32bit system for driver to work. Dah, this is what I have on my system. So I went back into Device Manager and installed updated driver from web and up came my older version that I had when PC Pitstop stated I should update my driver.

A long story short is I am at where I started and will not rely on some of these tests that are given by PC Pitstop. I remember and old saying "If it ain't broke .....Don't fix it!"