Audio/Video Driver Updates

Reesah

You can either go directly to the hardware manufacturer's site and see if there is an update there, or just wait until Acer has the driver on ther website in a few months.

Why does the PC Pitstop Test continually say that these or any other driver updates are recommended when the manufacturer has none available? Btw, I do appreciate any recommendations & advice you that you suggest. I'm willing to try almost anything that is suggested. But I personally, am VERY uncomfortable with any updates that Acer recommends & would rather leave my computer as it is than use any updates that Acer suggests. I recently downloaded/installed InSyde H2O Bios Update that Acer recommended & I am now forced to press the F12 Key constantly Everytime I start my computer. Otherwise, my computer asks for my Administrator Password, which I don't have. Acer says the only way to remedy this Bios problem is to ship my computer to them to fix it. I realize that my Bios problem has nothing to do with my PitStop question, but, if you have any ideas on how I can fix it without shipping it to Acer, I'm more that willing to listen.

Thank You Very Much

The hardware manufacturer's typically have a driver available for a month or more before teh computer manufactuers get around to adding it to their website.

Any driver recommendations are for drivers that have already been detected as installed and running on teh same hardware that your computer is using. There are over 200 miilion tests in our database. We are usually the first site to see a new driver actually being used on a specific piece of hardware.

Our driver suggestions are just that, suggestions. It is always advisable to review the features and release notes for a new driver to see if it fixes any issues you are experiencing. If not, then there would be no problem from ignoring the recommendation.

I would suggest asking Acer for a copy of the previous BIOS.

The hardware manufacturer's typically have a driver available for a month or more before teh computer manufactuers get around to adding it to their website.

Any driver recommendations are for drivers that have already been detected as installed and running on teh same hardware that your computer is using. There are over 200 miilion tests in our database. We are usually the first site to see a new driver actually being used on a specific piece of hardware.

Our driver suggestions are just that, suggestions. It is always advisable to review the features and release notes for a new driver to see if it fixes any issues you are experiencing. If not, then there would be no problem from ignoring the recommendation.

I would suggest asking Acer for a copy of the previous BIOS.

When I asked Acer for a copy of the previous BIOS, I was told to go back to their Driver Update page & Download/Install previous version there. Did that, but it didn't fix it.

Where does it ask for an administraor password, when booting up or when logging on to Windows?

What does hitting F12 do? Does it bypass the login screen?

Have you looked in the setup to see if the admin login can be disabled, if it is for booting up?

Where does it ask for an administraor password, when booting up or when logging on to Windows?

What does hitting F12 do? Does it bypass the login screen?

Have you looked in the setup to see if the admin login can be disabled, if it is for booting up?

When I boot up my computer it says, "Please Enter Password". I'm not really sure if it's called the login screen that the F12 bypasses or boot up screen. But, a normal boot up usually starts with the screen that says, "Press F8 to enter setup". I have to start pressing F12 constantly before that screen comes up, & keep pressing it until that screen goes away in order for my computer to boot up. I can't get into the setup at all to check anything. I've even tried to press F8 to enter setup while pressing F12, won't work either.

:b33r: It's about to drive me to drinking, & I don't even drink :thud:

Edited by Reesah