Change Mode

Recommendations prease...

Tx Redneck

I need a PSU capable of running an E6700 w/ a mild OC and decent cooler, a 9600GT,a 9800GT, 2x 120mm, 1x80mm and a single SATA HDD.

I'm tryin to get out as cheap as possible and would even taake a second hand PSU that's in good operating condition.

All these parts were donated/given,less the 9600, to me for a F@H rig but don't have a PSU to push them. The one I have running the setup as it stands, stock clocks on the CPU and the 9600 by itself, is weak and only shows 10.38 on the 12v rail, so I'm really gambling w/ it ATM.

Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.

TIA,

Bryan

Edited by Tx Redneck

Since we are talking about a folding rig and not much more (not a gaming setup) look for a basic but proven PSU name. I'm running one of these on a folder that the wife uses for surfing and downloading. Good solid PSU even if not a single 12v rail.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817371007

Since we are talking about a folding rig and not much more (not a gaming setup) look for a basic but proven PSU name. I'm running one of these on a folder that the wife uses for surfing and downloading. Good solid PSU even if not a single 12v rail.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817371007

OK, so based on that I was right about the amps x qty. So, the one I posted for $45 should work correct?

I reiterate, I'm to go as inexspensive as possible so I can get some ram and a CPU cooler that'll cool that C2D @ 3.1-3ghz under max load.