Change Mode

Toshiba Equium Laptop

nigsy

Hi all,

It's my mums laptop, a Toshiba Equium running Vista.

The thing just refuses to boot.

I gets as far as the windows loading screen (Microsoft Corporation, with the little green loading bar) and just stays like that.

I have tried booting to last known good config, no good.

Tried safe mode and it stops on:sys32/drivers/crcdisc/.sys, if that has any relevance.

Mum is bringing the recovery disc over tomorrow, but was hoping to have it fixed before then.

Any clues??

Ok,

after a lot of googling, no real answer, but did manage to get it to eventually boot in safe mode, now running checkdisc.

All internet findings point to a m$ update that has messed up several vista installs.

Bad enough when other people break teir $h!t but when they manage to break their own $h!t...well, you that's just sad, don't you think?

You can remove the update if you manage to get to add/remove programs and select show Windows Updates and see if that works..

Bad enough when other people break teir $h!t but when they manage to break their own $h!t...well, you that's just sad, don't you think?

You can remove the update if you manage to get to add/remove programs and select show Windows Updates and see if that works..

Yep, "Vista" get's enough bad press, then M$ rub salt into the wounds.

Not into conspiracy theories but the windows 7 launch is just around the corner.....

Sounds like you escaped the famed Black Screen of Death or KSOD as it's becoming known.

Updates aren't the sole cause of the problem.

I just went through great pains with corrupted system files all related to a network crash. This particular laptop had no restore points or back ups to restore, so it was quite the challenge.

Several different "fixes" are outlined here: http://www.logicitc.com/blog/?p=102.

Mesh's "Sticky Keys" solution is inventive and worked for others.

Not into conspiracy theories but the windows 7 launch is just around the corner.....

It does look suspicious, doesn't it.

:)Y