what video card should i get

This thread is still going on? lol

You want a 5850 or a 5870 without a doubt. If you game then the DX11 is attractive. They dont eat more power then normal top end GPU today, so even a nice 600w can handle them (with i7 and everything fully loaded I recomend a nice single rail 850w+)

The GTX295 is to expensive for a card that I dnt really see a point in anymore.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GTX295 still outperforms it, but uses a lot more power, and costs $100 more. There's a point to it, if you're into bragging about something.

Of course, as drivers mature, I can see the 5870 beating the GTX295.

The GTX295 still outperforms it, but uses a lot more power, and costs $100 more. There's a point to it, if you're into bragging about something.

Of course, as drivers mature, I can see the 5870 beating the GTX295.

Plus that means you need to mod or get a larger case. Either way I think a 5850 or a 5870 s perfect. I dont see a game asking for more then even a 4850 at 1920 x 1080 maxed out on any game that I play, so my 4870X2 is plenty as you can see, thats 1 year later

Seems newegg's info and pictures are incorrect. Straight from EVGA it says the 1295 supports HDMI and comes with the adapter.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=017-P3-1295-AR

Scrap that, just looked at the box content and it does not say anything about an HDMI adapter for the box content.

hey kram i was at the evga website looking at the GeForce GTX 295 CO-OP Edition.the one that shows on your link and it shows on one of the pictures the hdmi adapter but cant find info on the box content.

i asked around and someone told me that it doesnt come with the adaptor but one could be purshase .

what you make of all this?

the card is EVGA 017-P3-1295-AR CO-OP Edition GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 .

I don't know if it comes with one, but if you are thinking of getting that card then purchasing a HDMI adapter then you might as well go with the 017-P3-1296-AR. It comes with the HDMI adapter and is also clocked higher.

I don't know if it comes with one, but if you are thinking of getting that card then purchasing a HDMI adapter then you might as well go with the 017-P3-1296-AR. It comes with the HDMI adapter and is also clocked higher.

looked on ebay but couldnt find one. Edited by warchild119

Nice price. You will be very happy with it. :tup:

Yes I have mine water cooled. Using this block here.

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/prod...?product_id=857

I have been trying to get in contact with evga customer service to find out if the card even that it doesnt say anything about the hdmi adaptor it would still work if a get one.the message says that they are closed and to leave a message and they will get back to me the next day.

Yes. Will run gpu 685mhz shrader 1476mhz and mem 2160mhz with zero issues, but for some odd reason when I go higher my 3DMark score goes down? I have run the card with gpu 700mhz shrader 1504mhz and mem 2200Mhz with no issues on temp and no artifacting, but it scores lower. :shrug: