what video card should i get

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems newegg's info and pictures are incorrect. Straight from EVGA it says the 1295 supports HDMI and comes with the adapter.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=017-P3-1295-AR

Scrap that, just looked at the box content and it does not say anything about an HDMI adapter for the box content.

Edited by KRAM

blows the 285 away...and trades punches with the 295...its the fastest single GPU at the moment...and at $380 its a great price..

newegg has a few in stock...

thats good to know.. there a different companies with that chip so which one you think is best?there are many to choose from..

thats good to know.. there a different companies with that chip so which one you think is best?there are many to choose from..

which ever one...just stay away from diamond....they havent had the good quality ever...

just read the reviews on the card....it will be a good card....

:shifty:

None of nvidias current video cards support Windows7 DirectX11.Ati's new 5xxx series does.If your going to put down the cash right now get the latest and greatest.

Heres a 5850 reveiw http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_5850/1.html

i thought the the 5870 was the latest and greatest....so now i,m comfused...

is pny a good brand? the see the pny gtx295 for what i think is a fair price on ebay.Last night the auction ended at $385.00

is pny a good brand? the see the pny gtx295 for what i think is a fair price on ebay.Last night the auction ended at $385.00

5850 is for those who dont want so much power and dont want to pay the price for the 5870...both have HDMI port built in so it should work for you

I was staying in your price range bud ;)

I just started browsing this forum. Wow, there are a lot of double posts here and there. As the crowd says 5870 is the best way to go. If you want you could wait it out until the GT300 comes out and then see how it plays out, but unfortunately you will be waiting until possibly Q1, Q2 2010 for one.