Change Mode

It's done I ordered one...EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED

Nothing is more sexy than a brand new motherboard that is just about to be opened.

This calls for some serious intervention. Tomorrow is Saturday and it should be around 80 in San Diego. At around 10:00 am, turn off the computer, go outdoors, head to Mission Beach, park your butt in the sand, and gaze westward for a few hours. Oh yeah, bring sunglasses. :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This calls for some serious intervention. Tomorrow is Saturday and it should be around 80 in San Diego. At around 10:00 am, turn off the computer, go outdoors, head to Mission Beach, park your butt in the sand, and gaze westward for a few hours. Oh yeah, bring sunglasses. :)

Must have lost the concept of true love of seeing a new board still in it's antistatic wrapper, in it's virgin state

Edited by Joe C

Must have lost the concept of true love of seeing a new board still in it's antistatic wrapper, in it's virgin state

I may have gotten a little jaded from having been jilted so many times. The high expectations from the new relationship, followed by disappointment and rejection. Maybe I was expecting too much too soon... :shrug:

i7 920 D0 now in my hands. :mrgreen:

Posted Image

oh...i was hoping you would get the 3849b or the 3845b...ive done my research on these chips...while thats still a good chip i was hoping for better luck....but lets hope you get something good outta that chip :-)

We'll see if she has any heart in her. :yup:

Koolance mobo chipset block due today

Memory due Monday

some Koolance barbs due Tuesday

goodies from Swiftech due Thursday <---little slow on the ball

Edited by KRAM

Ooooh . . . purrrrty!

Yes it is and the Koolance vid card block is spectacular, the pics I took of it does it no justice.

Was about to pull my hair out earlier today, thought I was 2 Swiftech barbs short of getting this rig fully put together come Thursday. :pullhair: Swiftech seems to be very slow at getting things shipped out and I was like NOOOOO, but I forgot the extra ****** :P I ordered from them come with 2 barbs.

Oh man I almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard from this. :rofl2: I would rather go to Ocean Beach if anything. There are much nicer beaches. Heck, even the La Jolla coves are nicer than Mission Beach. I was never really a big fan. :P

But in all seriousness, I was making a joke if anything.

Ok she fired right up with no issues. Even read my previous raid configuration and booted right into Vista. Now here is my one concern. Every time I reboot/restart, the pc shuts down completely (powered off) then starts up. Like I had just changed the cpu settings and it is configuring the settings. Is this normal? Sure is a pain and takes forever (to me) when it does this.

BTW: The speed difference with this setup at stock clocks vs. my C2Q at 4Ghz is amazing. I don't think I have ever been this happy in my entire life. :lol:

Bring on the water block assimilation. :rocks::ax:

Thanks IG,

Thought I had turned it off. Apparently you have to set the multi below 20X to turn it off, because that's the only way I got it off. Then booted back in bios and set it to 20X and it stuck.

Lots of options and stuff to set in the bios. This is gonna take a while to sort out. :rollie:

Only one issue I have with this board that I do not like. The fan control is horrible. It's nVidia's fan controller. My P45 board was sweet on the fan controller, could hardly here my fans. Even setting this board to 1% the fans are easily 3X louder and when you have seven 120mm fans and planning more this is above what I want.

Thanks IG,

Thought I had turned it off. Apparently you have to set the multi below 20X to turn it off, because that's the only way I got it off. Then booted back in bios and set it to 20X and it stuck.

Lots of options and stuff to set in the bios. This is gonna take a while to sort out. :rollie:

Only one issue I have with this board that I do not like. The fan control is horrible. It's nVidia's fan controller. My P45 board was sweet on the fan controller, could hardly here my fans. Even setting this board to 1% the fans are easily 3X louder and when you have seven 120mm fans and planning more this is above what I want.

Seven 120mm fans off the mobo? . . .

Have you thought about installing a fan controller. I've always felt that running fans off the mobo introduces more potential for current fluctuation, especially if they ramp up/down according to thermal sensors.

Edited by Revivalist

Seven 120mm fans off the mobo? . . .

Have you thought about installing a fan controller. I've always felt that running fans off the mobo introduces more potential for current fluctuation, especially if they ramp up/down according to thermal sensors.

Never had an issue with that on my P45 board. I loved it when it would kick the fan speeds up when needed. This board is lowest speed is higher then the P45 board ever did, even under stress testing. No need for fans to spins this fast for water cooling. :mrsgreen: