Change Mode

I've already had one complaint, I'd hate to close the thread because it turned into a brawl.

:rofl2:

i can't believe anyone would take some of the things said in this topic serious enough to complain or get upset about.

if anyone took what i wrote earlier serious, and couldn't see it was just leg pulling aimed at kram, then i'm sorry, but get a sense of humour will you.

That is bull filtered.gif

of course it is roach, that's part of leg pulling. ;)

:lol:

:b33r:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well enough then. I just read the thread. It is hard to tell with some people whether they are serious or not.

No offense taken and you have my sincere apologies. :cheers:

btw, I am not one to report. Not my style.

btw, even though i have been at the Pit for 6 years, things and people have changed, so I don't know the people, as many are new to me. I am laid up due to a surgery, and it gives me something to do. I'm going crazy!!!!

Edited by Roach

nothing wrong with reporting if you think something needs it, that's what keeps our site clean and friendly(well i hope friendly :lol: )

and no need to apologize to me roach nothing you've ever said has offended me in any way, and i usually enjoy reading your posts. :tup:

you'll find i'm hard to offend anyway even if your trying to.. :rofl2:

i just take everything with a piece of salt and a little smile to myself, after all life's to short to spend it upset about inconsequential things.

i suppose that's why i find it hard to understand sometimes how some people seem to get so upset about what others say.

all i do is laugh to myself. :lol:

but sometimes i do like to wind people up and pull their leg only in fun tho with no malice intended. :lol:

but sometimes i do like to wind people up and pull their leg only in fun tho with no malice intended.

I think that is part of the problem and we are at fault for not appreciating the fact that our Brit humour is riddled with sarcasm and not always seen for how it is intended by others. Just like our appreciation of different sports, our humour is often quite alien too.

For my part, I too was only playing with everyone and apologise if anything I said was taken offence to.

Kram & Roach - :b33r::b33r::b33r:

pssst would you like some lemonade in your beer you big sissys? :lol:

You are right KD. The English sure are touchy about their sports. Your also right about trying to nip this in the bud. I have seen films of the riots that occur when they have matches. In fact it is probably more dangerous in the stands than it is playing.

One thing though, I believe that anyone that weighs 300# and can run a 4.6 100, hits you, you would want to have some type of protection. An American's Football player's average career is 4 yrs. Their life span is shortened by 20 years (on average). Those are terrible injuries that were posted and I could show some fairly graphic injuries in American Football also (Joe Theisman's hit by Lawrence Taylor for one). Football has changed dramatically over the last fifty years though, things began to be more specialized, for example I can remember the first time I saw a soccer style kicker in football. When I played in High School, we played both offense and defense. I have played in games where I never left the field. Since I have played both soccer and football, I must say that a soccer player has more stamina but there is absolutely no comparison as to which is more physical. I have only personally experienced two rougher sports than football, that would be boxing and hockey. Now I am only speaking of sports in which I participated in. Since I have never played organized Rugby, I can not and will not comment on it. Though a good friend of mine who is a avid and I guess is fairly good at Rugby (he has played all over the world in tournaments) tells me there is no comparison in the physicality between American Football and Rugby. He tells me Rugby is much rougher.

The only thing I can tell you is "don't knock it until you've tried it."

When you think about it seriously though, it is rather funny to how quickly and ardently one supports his sport. Just who is more macho? :boxing:

I always thought that if I ever had a son, I would set up Goal Post in the backyard and show him how to be a Kicker. Best job in the world ,big pay,very little risk.

When it comes to football violence the English have nothing on us South Americans.

I think that is part of the problem and we are at fault for not appreciating the fact that our Brit humour is riddled with sarcasm and not always seen for how it is intended by others. Just like our appreciation of different sports, our humour is often quite alien too.

For my part, I too was only playing with everyone and apologise if anything I said was taken offence to.

Kram & Roach - :b33r::b33r::b33r:

pssst would you like some lemonade in your beer you big sissys? :lol:

No your British humor is not hard for Americans to interpret.

everyone knows there's no real men in the us, we send in 4 troops to get the job done, you need to send in a battalion, lose half of them then call in an air strike to half complete the job.. :P

:lol:

There is nothing remotely funny about the above post, not even the smilies in it. I made the complaint. When someone drops an off the wall, out of topic, derogatory comment about my country such as this in General Discussion, you can bet your last dollar I will bark about it. The above filth spewed post has no place here here in GD. Take it to the PD section where that is pretty much all that goes on there anyways.

May not be your style Roach, but my style is when someone insults my country out of nowhere with sheer hate in an area I can complain about it, I will complain... period. If my complaint :filtered: you Britts off then so be it, I don't need "pals" like that anyways.

Edited by KRAM

ill admit rugby looks pretty rough, but its not the same rough as american football im sorry.

you put americans in rugby and the big ol boys would get too tired, but you put them little guys in rugby to play some football they will understand why the NFL needs pads.

you guys do realise the hardest hitting linebackers are = to being hit by a car going 30mph? and you say there sissys for wearing pads. i would love to see roles reversed them rugby boys would be begging to go back to rugby, and same goes for the football players.

NFL has faster guys then rugby, and also much much bigger guys. rugby guys are pretty damn tough, and also have alot more endurance. but that goes to show there not having to carry around 20 pounds of pads.

i would also like to see a ruby guy try and taclke an NFL running back like Brandon Jacobs, that guy will run over you.

Brandon Jacobs runs over one of the NFLs hardest hitters Laron Landry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMNRCqTEJDU

and here are some of the NFL most hardest hits ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCTyEmvvZJo

No your British humor is not hard for Americans to interpret.

There is nothing remotely funny about the above post, not even the smilies in it. I made the complaint. When someone drops an off the wall, out of topic, derogatory comment about my country such as this in General Discussion, you can bet your last dollar I will bark about it. The above filth spewed post has no place here here in GD. Take it to the PD section where that is pretty much all that goes on there anyways.

May not be your style Roach, but my style is when someone insults my country out of nowhere with sheer hate in an area I can complain about it, I will complain... period. If my complaint :filtered: you Britts off then so be it, I don't need "pals" like that anyways.

Posted Image

soo much for football :mrsgreen:

Not really, the Arsenal takes on Wolves later today and on Sunday Chelski host Manure. Hopefully Chelski and Manure draw and the Arsenal continue banging in goals and come out with another convincing win.

He also uses WINE. He also uses Windows when he runs his benchmarks. :rolleyes:

Don't see that program in the Wine listings, I don't think it will work.

Also, there's a great game on espn2 right now...go boise!

Don't see that program in the Wine listings, I don't think it will work.

Also, there's a great game on espn2 right now...go boise!

Forget Wine, check the 'Whine' directory and search again :lol: Edited by Sir T Fireball