Change Mode

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Was reading an article about a hurt player out for the years that plays for the Chiefs. People can post comments at the end of the article. This one made me laugh.

Page should consider himself lucky, this team is so bad they lose to the Raider's now. Lowest of the lows, hey Kansas City you should consider getting rid of your pro sports organizations because they all royally suck.

:laughing:

Arsenal are on form again putting 4 pass AZ and right on form letting in a soft one towards the end of the match. Anyway, it keep up our outstanding average of 3 or more goals a game. Fabregas was fantastic again but what about the little Russian dynamo? Arshavin is pure quality!

Up the Arsenal!

I happen to be on good terms with Andy Marshall, your new 3rd string keeper.

He thinks Villa are plop too :P

How'd you like Crouch and Keane giving the big talk before they came to The Emirates and then the look on Keane's face at half time? It was the loudest I've ever heard the Emirates, silly Spuds got an ear full.

Not knowing a thing about Soccer or Football as you call it. Please explain what you are saying. I know that we both speak the same language (well sort of) but I do not understand a word you guys are talking about. How much does a good Soccer (Footballer) make ? Soccer has just recently started to become big in the States. I guess that parents don't want to see their children get hurt or something. Soccer to me is like watching golf or a chess match. There is simply no excitement. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't see the attraction of Soccer. The Soccer "superstar" that came over here to the States (the one married to one of the Spice Girls) didn't seem to make it over here.

I remember being forced to play way back in High School and we were bored to death. The games always took the form of a sort of Rugby, it was the only way that we could play. Of course we all got failing grades during the Soccer matches that we were forced to play.

I know I'm going to catch hell here from my British friends (sorry Sir T & others) but Soccer is boring.

It's no biggie Roach. I find handegg boring as hell too. Big guys wearing more padding than a stuffed lifesize Barney running for about 10 seconds and then resting for about 5 minutes before trying to do it again is boring as hell to watch for me. If I wanted to watch a real man's game I'd watch Rugby.

How'd you like Crouch and Keane giving the big talk before they came to The Emirates and then the look on Keane's face at half time? It was the loudest I've ever heard the Emirates, silly Spuds got an ear full.

I am still not convinced about Arseshaver (sp) yet. Much prefer to have Anelka back now he has matured.

Keane is a useless poacher and way past his best. Crouch is a good player, but he got carried away with the pre-match hype. However, they are both spuds and should go boil their heads in hot tar.

I couldn't make the game and was the first derby I've missed for a long time. Very sad as it would have made up for the last time we played them at the Emirates :mrsgreen:

I strongly predict a trophy this season :clap:

Not knowing a thing about Soccer or Football as you call it. Please explain what you are saying. I know that we both speak the same language (well sort of) but I do not understand a word you guys are talking about. How much does a good Soccer (Footballer) make ? Soccer has just recently started to become big in the States. I guess that parents don't want to see their children get hurt or something. Soccer to me is like watching golf or a chess match. There is simply no excitement. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't see the attraction of Soccer. The Soccer "superstar" that came over here to the States (the one married to one of the Spice Girls) didn't seem to make it over here.

I remember being forced to play way back in High School and we were bored to death. The games always took the form of a sort of Rugby, it was the only way that we could play. Of course we all got failing grades during the Soccer matches that we were forced to play.

I know I'm going to catch hell here from my British friends (sorry Sir T & others) but Soccer is boring.

I suggest you google 'soccer injury david busst' or 'soccer injury eduardo' to get a taste of the kind of injuries soccer players pick up. I warn you though that the images are not for the squeamish.

As for enjoying the game, I guess it is just a matter of taste.

We have it and you don't :P Only kidding. Although, I do like the commercials during the big finale game of hand-egg...supper bowl or whatever it's called :tup:

Sir T maybe you could give the NFL a go and let a 300+ lbs lineman crush your body and see what conclusion you come to as far how tough the sport is. ;)

Edited by KRAM

Yeah, them NFL boys are real tough :laughing:

Here is Mr Cleese to tell it how it is...

:lol:

That video has absolutely nothing to do with how tough NFL football players are. :blink:

It's a rant about the sport and Americans. STUPID :tdn:

You see Sir T in the NFL they hit hard enough to need pads. ;)

Edited by KRAM

OK Boys, play nice. I know you sports enthusiasts are obsessive about your teams and all but lets keep it civil here. Try to stay on topic and lets not turn it personal against ideals. American sports differ from the UK, have names for teams that differ from the UK, but it's no reason to get downright nasty about it. Just chill, OK? I've already had one complaint, I'd hate to close the thread because it turned into a brawl. I've seen riots that spring out of nowhere over sports ('fer crissakes!) but that ain't gonna happen here. Just keep it civil... :geezer:

Thanks, -kd5-

You guys think that was a hard hit? :blink:

Real men use their brains and wear gear to protect themselves. ;)

Remove the padding from your fat guys that can't run for more than a few seconds and see how hard they'll hit. ;)

You are right KD. The English sure are touchy about their sports. Your also right about trying to nip this in the bud. I have seen films of the riots that occur when they have matches. In fact it is probably more dangerous in the stands than it is playing.

One thing though, I believe that anyone that weighs 300# and can run a 4.6 100, hits you, you would want to have some type of protection. An American's Football player's average career is 4 yrs. Their life span is shortened by 20 years (on average). Those are terrible injuries that were posted and I could show some fairly graphic injuries in American Football also (Joe Theisman's hit by Lawrence Taylor for one). Football has changed dramatically over the last fifty years though, things began to be more specialized, for example I can remember the first time I saw a soccer style kicker in football. When I played in High School, we played both offense and defense. I have played in games where I never left the field. Since I have played both soccer and football, I must say that a soccer player has more stamina but there is absolutely no comparison as to which is more physical. I have only personally experienced two rougher sports than football, that would be boxing and hockey. Now I am only speaking of sports in which I participated in. Since I have never played organized Rugby, I can not and will not comment on it. Though a good friend of mine who is a avid and I guess is fairly good at Rugby (he has played all over the world in tournaments) tells me there is no comparison in the physicality between American Football and Rugby. He tells me Rugby is much rougher.

The only thing I can tell you is "don't knock it until you've tried it."

When you think about it seriously though, it is rather funny to how quickly and ardently one supports his sport. Just who is more macho? :boxing:

I always thought that if I ever had a son, I would set up Goal Post in the backyard and show him how to be a Kicker. Best job in the world ,big pay,very little risk.

Edited by Roach

everyone knows there's no real men in the us, we send in 4 troops to get the job done, you need to send in a battalion, lose half of them then call in an air strike to half complete the job..

That is bull :filtered: