Pretty slick how ASUS did the memory clips on that board.

yea...i tough that was interesting...the only this is it has to go evenly in...as previous boards you could kind of angle it in....but its still nice...

I guess next week i got to modify my lian li backplate on the removable motherboard. I will cut an access hole for the V10 because i has to be bolted in... and it will be easier to remove the cooler if i need to...

yea...i tough that was interesting...the only this is it has to go evenly in...as previous boards you could kind of angle it in....but its still nice...

I guess next week i got to modify my lian li backplate on the removable motherboard. I will cut an access hole for the V10 because i has to be bolted in it has motor mounts... and it will be easier to remove the cooler if i need to...

FYP :mrgreen:

Hey Joe, I just got that case in today for my daughter's system. I really like it for the price, especially what I paid for it.

How is the fan noise?

The 900 case isn't too bad, but I would go for the Antec 902 or more love for the CM 922..

The 900 case isn't too bad, but I would go for the Antec 902 or more love for the CM 922..

Just got done installing my Core 2 Quad setup into this case last night. I am really surprised at how cramped this case is on the inside compared to the relative size of the case. Case itself looks great though. :tup:

So heres my final build.

Intel i7 920 (batch b - D0 stepping.) - $200

Asus rampage II gene - $215

Corsair xms3 6gb kit - $155

Intel 80gb ssd gen.2 - $227

Quick question for you. (I hope this isn't too off topic.). . . .

I read in another thread that you did research on the best batch, stepping, etc. . . . How did you manage to get the exact chip that you wanted? Also, where did you get a price like $200? . . . Just trying to get some tips on shopping for a 920 as well. Thanks!

Quick question for you. (I hope this isn't too off topic.). . . .

I read in another thread that you did research on the best batch, stepping, etc. . . . How did you manage to get the exact chip that you wanted? Also, where did you get a price like $200? . . . Just trying to get some tips on shopping for a 920 as well. Thanks!

Well it seems i got duped....it was too good to be true....im in the process of getting a new chip. Well i got the a 2nd choice chip... 3849b....paid $265 for this one and i hope i get it this time.

Anways...it should be there at the end of the week or next week...ill know by tommorow...and as for the last seller im in the process of getting my money back though the paypal dispute.

Anyways...i think my drives should be here this week...

You just have to scope out ebay and hope the seller has a certain batch #.... i looked out for 2 batches....3845b which is the most desireable batch or the secondary which is the 3849b....those seems to be 4.5ghz+ ;-) but all the b batches are just a mixed review of oc'ing. Good luck. You can also call local computer stores and see what batched they have...it has been reported that fry's stores have recently gotten some 3845 batch but im sure they will go quick. Also Microcenter seems to be a secondary store to look in. I dont have any computer stores in the local area :( except for frys but thats half an hour away...

Edited by ctran503

You just have to scope out ebay and hope the seller has a certain batch #.... i looked out for 2 batches....3845b which is the most desireable batch or the secondary which is the 3849b....those seems to be 4.5ghz+ ;-) but all the b batches are just a mixed review of oc'ing. Good luck. You can also call local computer stores and see what batched they have...it has been reported that fry's stores have recently gotten some 3845 batch but im sure they will go quick. Also Microcenter seems to be a secondary store to look in. I dont have any computer stores in the local area :( except for frys but thats half an hour away...

Great info, thanks! . . .

I have Best Buy and Office Depot nearby, but it looks like they only sell CPUs online, not in store . . .

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...p;type=category

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/4035...re-i7-i7-920-2/

I've seen lots of mom n' pop computer stores around: http://yellowpages.superpages.com/listings...=true&PI=45

But I doubt any of these will have 920s sitting around on the shelf that I could look at. They would probably special order it for me which means that I would of course be expected to buy it regardless of the batch number that came. . . . So I guess I'll just try smaller online retailers that I can contact directly or ebay as you mentioned.

Edited by Revivalist

should be sometime next week...still waiting on my chips...

the hd's will be here by friday...well atleast the one from buy.com....still waiting for the one from ANTonline...and i ordered that one a couple days before i ordered the second.

Edited by ctran503

Well i will be putting this stuff on hold for about 2 weeks...

Family emergency with my grandma. So Im probably leaving tommorow morning...

See ya guys soon...

this is a preview of what should have come together this week....but i will be back in 2 weeks

Posted Image

Edited by ctran503