So heres my final build.

Intel i7 920 (batch b - D0 stepping.) - $200 for 3845( :rolleyes: too good to be true) - $265 for the 3849b.

Asus rampage II gene - $215

Corsair xms3 6gb kit - $155

Intel 80gb ssd gen.2 - $227

I will pull my coolermaster v10 from the old system and pull the 4850 from the old system and the PCP&C 750w and everything else should be set.

I decided on the rampage gene because i dont find the need for more than 2 cards...

I will be getting the new Corsair CC800DW when they become available.

Posted Image

I hope i made a good choice on all my hardware and i hope im not diappointed. Everything should be here next week...hopefully.

Edited by ctran503

Wow man nice..

Tell ya what, you're going to really like that Corsair case, first case for them, they did there homework well..

It's steel, yes heavy.. but pretty well built case, and it's bloody huge.. Good Luck :tup:

Well Terry I'll have to agree and also disagree on your comment..

Yes it's sort of (WTH) having no air from the front of the case and flowing towards the back, instead the usual front fan that cools hdd's has been mounted on the side, as for the air going out, they have kept adequate space at the back for the air to go out of the back panel, also have vent holes..

But I also disagree on your and my comment (LOL).. the area where the top compartment and bottom compartment is separated, on that area, you can mount one more fan (right above the psu you can say, more towards the hdds).. so there is air flow coming in, I think this is better than having a fan up front, first of all, the air that comes in from the front, first gets to the hard drives, by the time it's coming further, it's already less, and by the time it reaches the motherboard, there is no air.. this way, Corsair has a fan right at the bottom, pushes air upwards, first plus it hits the hot video cards, fresh air.. then it keeps rising on air, getting to the RAM with little air too..

Other than that, the other hdd area at the bottom near the psu, also has an option for mounting a 120mm fan on the side, which doesn't affect any air flow anywhere, because it's a different compartment..

If you decide not to water cool, just put up 2 120mm fans on the top as exhaust, and the original exhaust at the back..

Sorry for the long explanation.. :surrender:

edit: Ctran I saw you posted yesterday, that case is available to buy, just might be out of stock in different stores (if that's what you meant..)

Edited by miggs78

Well Terry I'll have to agree and also disagree on your comment..

Yes it's sort of (WTH) having no air from the front of the case and flowing towards the back, instead the usual front fan that cools hdd's has been mounted on the side, as for the air going out, they have kept adequate space at the back for the air to go out of the back panel, also have vent holes..

But I also disagree on your and my comment (LOL).. the area where the top compartment and bottom compartment is separated, on that area, you can mount one more fan (right above the psu you can say, more towards the hdds).. so there is air flow coming in, I think this is better than having a fan up front, first of all, the air that comes in from the front, first gets to the hard drives, by the time it's coming further, it's already less, and by the time it reaches the motherboard, there is no air.. this way, Corsair has a fan right at the bottom, pushes air upwards, first plus it hits the hot video cards, fresh air.. then it keeps rising on air, getting to the RAM with little air too..

Other than that, the other hdd area at the bottom near the psu, also has an option for mounting a 120mm fan on the side, which doesn't affect any air flow anywhere, because it's a different compartment..

If you decide not to water cool, just put up 2 120mm fans on the top as exhaust, and the original exhaust at the back..

Sorry for the long explanation.. :surrender:

edit: Ctran I saw you posted yesterday, that case is available to buy, just might be out of stock in different stores (if that's what you meant..)

Yea...I actually have a modified 3.5" slot fan intake to put in if I need it.

But yea...it is out but i have to wait and find a place that has it in stock....maybe i can find it locally soon...i dont like waiting for shipping of cases...cuz its such a big box and i usually am no home to get big boxes...so newegg is my last option for now...

Even if it doesnt have great airflow...there alot of room for modifications...

I put off the case for a little bit....im going to test it in the lian li case first...

That Corsair case is nice, but it's not worth that kind of money...maybe a $150 case in my eyes. It's not even "all" aluminum. :mrsgreen:

$200+ cases are like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811112141

Edited by KRAM

That Corsair case is nice, but it's not worth that kind of money...maybe a $150 case in my eyes. It's not even "all" aluminum. :mrsgreen:

$200+ cases are like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811112141

I like to have a window...because i do have a v10 for looks and cooling...

I like the cable management of the corsair case too...

Edited by ctran503

You can get side panels with a window for Lian Li cases. They are probably one of the more supported after market parts cases around.

Don't get me wrong, the Corsair case is sweet, but at $280 plus $25 shipping cost... :tdn:

the corsair case has been rated by a couple sites as one of the best cases...

the only drawback(and the one this holding me from buying..) is the $280 price tag. I like just a simple looking and full tower case...

Reviews...

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=784&type=expert

http://www.hardware.info/en-US/extcontent/...Chassis_Review/

I i may just stick with my current lian li mid tower...

You can get side panels with a window for Lian Li cases. They are probably one of the more supported after market parts cases around.

Don't get me wrong, the Corsair case is sweet, but at $280 plus $25 shipping cost... :tdn:

whoa...last week newegg had it for 280 with free shiping.... Edited by ctran503

I kind of have to agree with KRAM.. A steel case shouldn't be priced at $300.. If I was to spend $300 on a case, i'd even get a CM ATCS 840 case, it's a pretty good case.. Or like KRAM linked, that A70 is huge, and an excellent case..

And besides, it doesn't take a lot to install a window really, remember bill @ Mnpctech.. modders tape, that 3m stuff, a side window, some u-channel and a dremel even works.. And it doesn't cost all that much..

But I have to agree, that Corsair is well built, some very good features like hot swappable SATA ports, that you ain't gonna see on a case around $300.. A triple rad right out of the box..

Or you could get a HAF 932, find that ugly.. get a Cosmos S, it's a great case..

The 900 looks o.k., When I got this one I took it apart first thing and painted the grey insides and back of the case black, then put it back together ...Then it was ready for my mobo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129021

Hey Joe, I just got that case in today for my daughter's system. I really like it for the price, especially what I paid for it.

How is the fan noise?

fan noise isn't too bad, it's not dead silent but it's not like a 747 sitting in the room either (quieter than my last case, and I hate noisy case fans) the fans have speed adjustments and I run mine on low, I highly recommend stripping it down and painting the frame it black, really improves the look. for the price it's a nice case with tons of air flow thru it. Make sure your power supply has long enough cables

Edited by Joe C

Well i guess the last seller i went with was shady and took my money...but i have paypal working on getting me my money back...It was a 3845b chip that is sought after ;-)

Well now im set back a few days trying to search for the chip i want. I think i may have it. I will know tommorow if i get it or not... It should be an early batch 3849b...i was hoping for either the 3845b(and lot version) or the 3849b(early lot version.). So im hoping for some luck geting the chip i want.

Anyways...here the early set of items and im at a stand still until i get some info on the chip.

Posted Image