Sign in to follow this  
JandNL

Problems Testing PC Matic (free version)

We have two major questions about PC Matic.

1. We would like to at least test PC Matic, but it never completes; we get a message when we open it to install ActiveX, and then it runs through and including the Internet test and delivers this message:

"We're sorry. An error occurred processing the page you requested.//Details of this error are being sent to our staff for analysis. We apologize for the inconvenience. (1)/Many problems in testing can be resolved by visiting our troubleshooting page./If you have questions, please visit our support forums at http://support.pcpitstop.com." After we close the message window, the program says "PC Matic is loading" and never completes.

We clicked the troubleshooting page link and could not determine the cause of our problem. Can you help?

2. We already have several of PC Matic's components. Is there any way to apply the cost of those programs to reduce the cost of PC Matic? We were not aware of PC Matic when we purchased the other programs, and it may not have been available at the time we bought them, either.

:wp:

1) Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we have already started working your issue in the help desk. To avoid duplication of effort, we will work to resolve the technical issue from within the help desk, where we have more tools and resources.

2) Once PC Matic is running on your computer, please contact Doug in the help desk to check what purchase options are available.

:wp:

1) Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we have already started working your issue in the help desk. To avoid duplication of effort, we will work to resolve the technical issue from within the help desk, where we have more tools and resources.

2) Once PC Matic is running on your computer, please contact Doug in the help desk to check what purchase options are available.

Thanks for the welcome!

As you pointed out, we are new to the Pit. Where is the helpdesk, and how do we locate the information on PC Matic once we get there?

Thanks for the help--we appreciate it!

Hi JandNL,

There should be an email in your inbox with a request and instructions how to generate and send a support log from PC Matic. You can use the reply function to communicate with the help desk, or you can login using the email address and password sent in the confirmation email when the ticket was opened.

You can login from here then look up your ticket by the ID number:

http://helpdesk.pcpitstop.com/index.php

Are you running WinPatrol on that computer? If so, please open WinPatrol and verify that it is not blocking the Active X control from PC Pitstop or for PC Matic.

Are you running WinPatrol on that computer? If so, please open WinPatrol and verify that it is not blocking the Active X control from PC Pitstop or for PC Matic.

We do not have that program installed. We use Kaspersky Internet Security, and we have a good handful of other programs installed. There is no indication Kaspersky is blocking ActiveX anymore--we told it that PC Pitstop is trusted. What else might cause these problems?

If you can send a logfile to our help desk it would enable us to see more details about what the issue might be. I have sent an email with the procedure for sending a logfile.