Sign in to follow this  
BigJoe5434

Job Interview

well guys after almost 1 year (next month) of unemployment i got a job interview. its not much its working at Walmart TLE (Tire Lube Express) but hey its something.

less then 2 hours so wish me luck :lol:

ill post back if i got it :tup:

Good luck man. Hey a job is a job, walmart actually gives you alot of benefits and soon you'll get stock options, at least they did about 10 years ago when my sister worked there. That somewhat makes up for the lower pay.

well guys thanks for the goodluck wishe.

i go up there 15 minutes early they say there getting me all setup so i wait, lady comes out and offers me some bull :filtered: part time garden center job. i said no maam im here for fulltime work, here for an interview to work fulltime in TLE. she says alright and i wait another 20 minutes after then 2 ladys come out and give me some bull :filtered: excuse about they have to open up a requisition, which duh should have already been open if you set me up with an interview. they said come back tomorrow at 9am, i said fine.

i really hope this place is not gonna keep giving me the run around.

man im fired up :bang:

Edited by BigJoe5434

i go up there 15 minutes early they say there getting me all setup so i wait, lady comes out and offers me some bull :filtered: part time garden center job. i said no maam im here for fulltime work, here for an interview to work fulltime in TLE. she says alright and i wait another 20 minutes after then 2 ladys come out and give me some bull :filtered: excuse about they have to open up a requisition, which duh should have already been open if you set me up with an interview. they said come back tomorrow at 9am, i said fine.

Well, that's a :nono: in my book........

:geezer:

I used to work at Wal Mart Joe, getting the run around is fairly common.

it sucks man, this place is rural so there are alot of drugies here meth heads and all that and some of the laziest people. now im far from perfect but when i show up to a job i work my butt off for the company. the walmart here seems to hire all the dead beats, and give the people who are actually ready to work the run around.

if im running a company im gonna do everything i can to fill the positions quick, i just dont get it. :mrsgreen:

In my experience, they didn't fire the lazy people, idiots, and other undesirables, and placed the extra load on the people who actually worked hard.

that sucks but at the same time thats fine haha give me the job ill work 2-3 times harder. i dunno im just really annoyed at the company they been sayin there gonna hire me for the past few months

geez big Joe...I don't know weather to congratulate you or feel sorry for you now :geezer: I mean they get your hopes all up and then say come back later

geez big Joe...I don't know weather to congratulate you or feel sorry for you now :geezer: I mean they get your hopes all up and then say come back later

ahh i have had time to cool down a little, ill just go in with the right mind set and try once more. :tup:

wasted gas to go get the "hi, bye" treatment :lol:

I know times are tough, but I knew a guy who would walk out of job interviews if they kept him waiting more than 15 minutes. It showed to him a lack of respect for the hiring process. His logic was that if a company wasted your time and kept you waiting for a scheduled interview that it was a sign of things to come.

I agree with his sentiment, but in this economy sometimes you're forced to take what you can get.

I wish you the best BigJoe. :tup:

The economy is bad, and companies know it and will take advantage of that, their attitude will change when the economy does

The above stuff is a :nono: in my book Joe..........I realize you're in Ft. Worth, but we all know the Garden Center is fixin' to close up shop pretty soon, in place of Christmas stuff....

The above stuff is a :nono: in my book Joe..........I realize you're in Ft. Worth, but we all know the Garden Center is fixin' to close up shop pretty soon, in place of Christmas stuff....

nah CB dont get me wrong i would take the job but i need fulltime, part time would barely cover gas.

and by the way i dont live in fort worth i live about 50 miles west of fort worth ;)

Ok i'll chime in on this one. I'm retired @ 52yrs old and if i wanted to !!. I could have a job within 2hrs after i wake up. Theres full time jobs at bars/ diners/ gas stations and so on. :) Sometimes you have to look in other places if you REALLY want to work.... Take care Wayne. :b33r:

Edited by Wayne

Doesn't mean you're gonna get them though, Wayne. I applied to dozens of places and it took months for me to find a job that I don't like, but keep until I find something better.

Doesn't mean you're gonna get them though

What part didn't you get ?? I said : I could have a job within 2hrs after i wake up. Maybe you guys should move to upstate NY. :b33r:

nah CB dont get me wrong i would take the job but i need fulltime, part time would barely cover gas.

and by the way i dont live in fort worth i live about 50 miles west of fort worth ;)

Don't get too far West, you'll end up in Abilene or Tye....... :rofl2:

What part didn't you get ?? I said : I could have a job within 2hrs after i wake up. Maybe you guys should move to upstate NY. :b33r:

I seriously doubt it Wayne.

Don't get too far West, you'll end up in Abilene or Tye....... :rofl2:

:lol:

well ill be headed out soon once again lets see how it goes this time

Edited by BigJoe5434