Change Mode

riped a movie and looks horrible

IceBear

just bought a great movie called crank 2 and it plays fine and normal on my Tv and my xbox so i made a back up copy and it looks horrible.... everything is all blocky and it lags on my Tv.... i used Nero 7 to burn the movie is there better software out there?

This is what i do.

Get nero 7, Any DVD and then in Nero 7 go to Recode. recode main movie to DVD so this way its just the dvd, no extra bs and the file will be a little around 5gb, so shrinking it to a standard dvd will still keep decent un noticeable quality.

what i did was in the little menu screen that pops up i clicked make your own DVD-video and that is how i burned it..... did what you did and came out the same way....but i put it on a normal CRT tv with my xbox 360 and it looks normal i guess my tv is stupid lol (btw i have it set to 1080I with HDMI and i was using the red white and yellow cords on the normal tv

Edited by IceBear

your compressing a standard dvd which is 480, and then playing it on a hd tv that probably has a crap upconverter from the sounds, from a copyprotected dvd copied in nero.....

and my personal opinion is that crank 2 can't even make a good damn coaster for how bad it was. first one was decent, this one was like WTH.