Change Mode

Monitor Off Utility For Older Laptop's

Guest Adamsappleone

Guest Adamsappleone

If you are having an older version of laptop that doesn’t equip with the capability to switch off the LCD monitor but would like to have one enabled for power saving whenever they are not in use, then this tiny utility may able to assist you. Named as Dekisoft Monitor Off Utility, it can enables a simple shortcut key setup that can be used to turn off monitor at a predefined interval as an effort towards greener environment.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/09/05/d...r-power-saving/

• 3 weeks later...

Great idea! I also found a Yahoo widget (Monitor Off by Abelardo Suriga) that also controls the monitor. From your picture, this might be the same program. It works at lightning speed on my XP; don't know if it works on previous OSs. Worth noting that the Yahoo suite of widgets is very impressive - I like better than the Google desktop ones.

• 1 month later...

I know this guy. You might know him too. His name is Steve Gibson and he has been writing software forever and has authored some of the best utilities for computer maintenance anywhere. He writes a lot of stuff in assembly language enabling it to run faster and smoother than anything else. He also writes a lot of freeware stuff and one of his handiest utilities is called "Wizmo". With this tiny utility, with a single click, you can turn your monitor on and off, start your screensaver, and do a dozen other handy little chores. It's a freebie and you can find it here > https://www.grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm <

The list of things this little utility can do is amazing like blank your screen or put the computer in standby or hibernate. You can log off or shut down, reboot, open and close the CD tray, and change speaker volume. The list is actually quite long and he has a lot of cool screensavers that go with it. I'm sure you will be very pleased and excited about all it can do.