Change Mode

Micro ATX without onboard video?

Why don't you want it to have onboard video?

Generally the onboard video boards are crap in my opinion. They tend to have a high fail rate from my experience and most of them run slow and don't do dual channel memory. Also as terry said I have a PCI-e vid card I would like to use for the build.

i would look at what chipset the board is running, and don't worry if it's carrying onboard video.

as tot he fail rate, i have 3 computers i work on still that are using onboard video boards and they've been running for probably about 4-5 years now....

I have 3 micro atx boards with onboard vid sitting here right now and all have issues. 2 of them blue screen all the time no matter what mem, cpu, psu or if I use a dedicated video card the other has dead sata ports. Also have another that is completely dead. Never had issues like this with boards that don't have onboard graphics.

I have two systems sitting here that are micro atx cases (one is the blue screener the other is the dead board) that I would like to fix and sale. Just looking to keep the failure rate low and performance on the better side plus not spend too much on the board.