Sign in to follow this  
sickofboss

"Bios does not support AFU" foxxconn g33 bios issue

Hi Guys,

Trying to update bios on a foxconn G33 M02 to support

45nm E8500 processor. The Pc was bought from Dell

as an Inspiron 530 .. not sure if they locked their mobos

to not allow upgrading higher cpus?

Anyways I have the bios files on the disc. I boot from cd.

Type in AFUDOS 722F1P36.ROM /P /B /C /N

It comes up with the " Command or filename not recognised "

Also tried the floppy disk update but comes up with " Bios does not support AFU " ... after typing the AFUDOS etc Usb drive does not work either.

I noticed on the foxconn website there are 2 different bios updates that could be suitable for the G33 mobo.

Currently ive been trying the 722F1P36 version which detail as to support 8400 8500 cpu

However there is another which ive not tried but not sure if it is suitable .

The 722F1P32 version detail to support 45nm processors.

Is the 1P32 version safe to try, it is to for 8500 processor?

Found this :

http://www.downloadplex.com/Drivers/...15_183992.html

Current Dell bios is version 1.0.5 ...from the website

the 1.0.15 helps support newer cpus.

Would this Dell bios upgrade work for my 8500 IP dual processor?

Many Thanks!

Going by Dell's model # I'd go with this one I think....the v 1.0.2 BIOS.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=292005

Be sure to follow these instructions for a flash drive (USB)...

Run the BIOS update utility from DOS or DRMK environment (Non-Windows users)

NOTE: You will need to provide a bootable DOS or DRMK USB Memory Key. This executable file does not create the DOS or DRMK system files. The free size of the bootable DOS or DRMK USB Memory Key should be larger than 15 Mega Bytes.

1. Copy the file 530b-102.EXE to a bootable USB Memory Key.

2. Boot from the USB Memory Key to the DOS or DRMK prompt.

3. Run the file by typing Y:\530b-102.EXE (where y is the drive letter where the executable is located).

:geezer:

Going by Dell's model # I'd go with this one I think....the v 1.0.2 BIOS.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=292005

Be sure to follow these instructions for a flash drive (USB)...

NOTE: You will need to provide a bootable DOS or DRMK USB Memory Key. This executable file does not create the DOS or DRMK system files. The free size of the bootable DOS or DRMK USB Memory Key should be larger than 15 Mega Bytes.
   1. Copy the file 530b-102.EXE to a bootable USB Memory Key.
   3. Run the file by typing Y:\530b-102.EXE (where y is the drive letter where the executable is located).

Hi Caintry_boy TThanks so much for your reply :0)

Just to double check.

My Dell bios version is 1.0.5

You recommend 1.0.2

Wouldnt that be going backwards?

I believe it goes up to 1.0.18

Wouldnt be best to use this? Or is their problems with

latest dell bios?

Many Thanks!

Well bad on me. You are quite right, although sometimes going backwards is a good thing. Here's the latest for your rig from Dell:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=299050

Once again be sure to flash following these instructions:

NOTE: You will need to provide a bootable DOS or DRMK USB Memory Key. This executable file does not create the DOS or DRMK system files.

1. Copy the file 530_1018.EXE to a bootable USB Memory Key.

3. Run the file by typing Y:\530_1018.EXE (where y is the drive letter where the executable is located).

BTW, always flash from a Dos environment. I "bricked" a mobo once using the Windows Flash.....;)

Well bad on me. You are quite right, although sometimes going backwards is a good thing. Here's the latest for your rig from Dell:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=299050

Once again be sure to flash following these instructions:

BTW, always flash from a Dos environment. I "bricked" a mobo once using the Windows Flash.....;)

Hi Caintry_boy, Thanks again for your quick n helpful reply, much appreciated :0)

Just read alot of threads about problems with the latest dell bios 1.0.18

from unable too boot, unable to use hdtv, unable to get past 3gig of ram etc

I would like to try the 1.0.15 version since not seen any problems with this bios version.

From this site it says to upgrade to 1.0.15 its done in windows desktop:

http://www.downloadplex.com/Drivers/BIOS-S....15_183992.html

Just want to double check with you bro incase i do it and it all goes wrong ,

Thanks again :0)

Hi Caintry_boy, Thanks again for your quick n helpful reply, much appreciated :0)

Just read alot of threads about problems with the latest dell bios 1.0.18

from unable too boot, unable to use hdtv, unable to get past 3gig of ram etc

I would like to try the 1.0.15 version since not seen any problems with this bios version.

From this site it says to upgrade to 1.0.15 its done in windows desktop:

http://www.downloadplex.com/Drivers/BIOS-S....15_183992.html

Just want to double check with you bro incase i do it and it all goes wrong ,

Thanks again :0)

Flashed to 1.0.15 through DOS. Worked first time not bad since last night over 8 hrs with wrong bios lol

Just about to add new powersupply cpu video card.

Never messed about with these hardware before.

Is there anything I need to watch out for? Like if connector connected

to wrong port , could it break the pc?

Many Thanks!

First of all :tup: on the BIOS flash! Now then, just be sure to unplug the PC and after you take off the side panel or the case cover, whichever, be sure to touch the metal side of the case before reaching in. This discharges static electricity from your body that could take out the motherboard, RAM or even the CPU. An alternative is an anti-static wrist band which you can pick up at Radio Shack or most computer stores, i.e. Best buy, Circuit City....

Word of caution on PSU's, a lot of companies, Dell, Gateway, HP.....use proprietary components, meaning it's smaller, larger or odd shaped so that you have to come to them for replacement parts. If possible take your old one with, so you can be sure the new one will fit. ;) CPU's, make sure the one you want is supported by the motherboard and more specifically the BIOS.

Video card will be the same way, make absolutely certain that it will work.

How about posting up the specs you have for your rig now, or run a Pit Test.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/html/helpfiles/techexphelp.htm

First of all :tup: on the BIOS flash! Now then, just be sure to unplug the PC and after you take off the side panel or the case cover, whichever, be sure to touch the metal side of the case before reaching in. This discharges static electricity from your body that could take out the motherboard, RAM or even the CPU. An alternative is an anti-static wrist band which you can pick up at Radio Shack or most computer stores, i.e. Best buy, Circuit City....

Word of caution on PSU's, a lot of companies, Dell, Gateway, HP.....use proprietary components, meaning it's smaller, larger or odd shaped so that you have to come to them for replacement parts. If possible take your old one with, so you can be sure the new one will fit. ;) CPU's, make sure the one you want is supported by the motherboard and more specifically the BIOS.

Video card will be the same way, make absolutely certain that it will work.

How about posting up the specs you have for your rig now, or run a Pit Test.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/html/helpfiles/techexphelp.htm

Hi Caintry_boy, Thanks for your helpful post :0)

Just added the OZ 600W PSU, ATI 4590 HD Vapor X card and E8500 Ip dual processor.

Updated the video drives.

Seems to be working ok.

Only thing is i have no sound ..

I noticed this message everytime it starts up :

Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure

Any ideas what this could mean ...?

Gonna a pc pit test should be interesting , Thanks again friend :0)

hmm just did the pcpitstop test ..

got a score of 3884

Got yellow flags for HD, internet and Windows .. not this

gets me curious so got to check out other peoples pc scores :0)

EDIT: I did another and heres the link : http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=22629235

Im using 300gb HD, 2gig ram, e8500 3.0 dual processor, Oz 600W Psu, ATI 4590HD video card

Gonna upgrade to 6gb/8gb ram :0)

Would you say the score is ok for what i have? Thanks!!

Edited by sickofboss

hmm just did the pcpitstop test ..

got a score of 3884

Got yellow flags for HD, internet and Windows .. not this

gets me curious so got to check out other peoples pc scores :0)

EDIT: I did another and heres the link : http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=22629235

Im using 300gb HD, 2gig ram, e8500 3.0 dual processor, Oz 600W Psu, ATI 4590HD video card

Gonna upgrade to 6gb/8gb ram :0)

Would you say the score is ok for what i have? Thanks!!

From out on the road......first of all, if you click each one of those tips on the "Fixes" tab, they'll tell you how to correct the problem. The tips for drivers will tell you where to go and look for the drivers that you need. The test will invariably tell you that you need to defrag, so if you've done that lately, you're prolly o.k.....

I'd likely follow dthe tip to improve the "internet receive buffer", and if you're a real security freak, go ahead and follow the tips on IE and Firefox security.

I'm not a Windows Update fan, so that's your choice. If I were to do any, they'd be only "Critical Updates".

Not a bad thing to be in the top 20% of the World.

5879 Top 20%

From out on the road......first of all, if you click each one of those tips on the "Fixes" tab, they'll tell you how to correct the problem. The tips for drivers will tell you where to go and look for the drivers that you need. The test will invariably tell you that you need to defrag, so if you've done that lately, you're prolly o.k.....

I'd likely follow dthe tip to improve the "internet receive buffer", and if you're a real security freak, go ahead and follow the tips on IE and Firefox security.

I'm not a Windows Update fan, so that's your choice. If I were to do any, they'd be only "Critical Updates".

Not a bad thing to be in the top 20% of the World.

Thanks for your help! :0)

I noticed the clock is off .. if set to my destination its off by 2 hours ... Was reading the other thread about on this section and it appears

it may need a new cmos battery or even a new mobo ... whats your take on this Caintry_boy?

Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure

Any ideas what this could mean ...?

You need change the boot order in the BIOS and set the first boot device to hdd. Go to the section of the BIOS with integrated peripherals, or whatever your manufacturer calls it, and disable floppy disc controller. This will get rid of that message.

Thanks for your help! :0)

I noticed the clock is off .. if set to my destination its off by 2 hours ... Was reading the other thread about on this section and it appears

it may need a new cmos battery or even a new mobo ... whats your take on this Caintry_boy?

My take would be to set the clock......first and foremost. Double click it and set it for your time and time zone. If it loses time rapidly or you start noticing CMOS settings changing, then you need a battery. ;)

Hi all i am having the same issue.

I have a foxconn G33MDHA mother board , (Cpuid sees it as a DIXONSXP G33M05)

i contacted foxconn and they sent me the correct bios update , but when i go to install it through bios it says AFU not supported !

I currently have version phoenix - award bios v6.0 and the ig33 series 763D3P03 091707 installed but i want to put 722F1P37

My pc specs are :-

intel core 2 quad Q6600 processor

8Gb of OCZ reaper ram 800 mhz ddr2

Power supply corsair CX500

Graphics card AMD Radeon r7700 series xfx 1GB

Kind Regards

Ben

I'd say if the new BIOS won't install then its not right for your board. Make sure it's correct for your model and revision of mobo.

Hi, I realise this is a long shot but I need a bit of help here.
I have an old (very old) advent pc running windows vista on a Foxconn G33MDHA motherboard, the psu recently failed so I bought a second hand one, unfortunately the photos I took of the connections to the motherboard seem to have disappeared from my phone for some reason and I'm not exactly sure just where everything goes - I can get the fan to work but nothing else, so I guess the ram and cpu are ok but there's nothing on the screen or the keyboard.
Would anyone be able to help?

Regards,

Doug

Hey @doug h and :wp:

You're better off opening your own topic in User to User than digging up this topic that hasn't had a reply in more than 5yrs.

Tx