Sign in to follow this  
amd-rules

frame rate!

recently when i have been play call of duty world at war, i have been noticing my frame rate drop way lower then usual.. i have it set to 2x aa vertical sync enabled and texture mode trilinear so it stays at 60, well it used to stay at a steady 60... but it doesnt any more it drops to like 35 and goes back to 60 and i dont know why.. i have not changed anything and it did it in single player as well... tried different driver and hdd is defragged.... i cant think of what to do.... my specs are below and i play at 1920x1080 and tried 1650x1080 and still did it...

Doubt its your system. You can have server since issues that negatively affect your game play. Don't like it, move to another server.

it was doing it on offline as well.. how would a server have anything to do with this, besides i tried many different servers....

people always say the same to you amd, there's definitely nothing wrong with your hardware so just lower your resolution settings if your not happy with the way a game plays. ;)

No actaully, something is wrong in the settings. He should be capped around 70-91FPS unless there is hard core shooting or smoke then even 20 FPS is respectable.

Turn off Vertical Sync, Make sure shadows are off (just to test it) and leave everything else maxed. I think refresh rate leave at 30hz.

My cousins 4850 plays 1366 x 720 maxed and is At the frame cap (91) all the time. then my other cousin has a GTX 260+ something we can relate to, and that plays 1080P maxed. Rarely drops past 50 FPS.

another thing is make sure dual video cards is disabled.

ok.... yea i dont know... i read somewhere that like a bios update might be the problem but im not sure.... this all of a sudden started happening it NEVER did it before...

no not in your situation the bios will not effect it at all.

I would just say play and enjoy, dont worry about it. Its to much hassle lol

i did what u tried and it did ok... then changed it back and it wasnt really doing it anymore... WEIRD?

interestingly enough when i had my virus scan running i opened the game and the frame rate didnt even drop... tells me its not fully using my cpu.... or something....

Turn off your frames reader as it is clearly distracting you from your game play. Any frame rate above 30 FPS will be just great and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't notice that it even dipped that low if you didn't have the frames viewer enabled.

believe me i have vsync on and trilinear on as well.. that sets it to play at 60fps... when it drops to even mid 40s it is noticable to probably anyone... it LAGS.... i mean how could u not see it and notice it lol...

i never really notice low frame rate, even crysis when it dropped to 20fps i had to have fraps or something enabled because it did not bother me. then again if its playable i dont care if its 20fps or 200fps. as long as its enjoyable then im good :lol:

i never really notice low frame rate, even crysis when it dropped to 20fps i had to have fraps or something enabled because it did not bother me. then again if its playable i dont care if its 20fps or 200fps. as long as its enjoyable then im good :lol:

:tup: , same here.

ok here what i have tried.... defragged hard drive... ran error check on hdd... checked for virus and there was none... tried different video driver... tried different video card, didnt work... interestingly enough when i have a program opened while i game it doesnt really frame rate drop... so im thinking its not taking full advantage of the cpu some how... WEIRD...

Alright you gave some details but I would advise you to try and explain better what levels your playing and whatnot, the servers you usually frequent and the amount of people on said servers. Generally I have noticed people attribute lag and low fps into the same category. I know when I play Call of Duty World at War I have played on servers with a maximum of I believe 32 players but I was playing at 1440 X 900 with all the settings maxed, running 4X anti aliasing and 16X Anisoptric Filtering with vertical sync off. Keeping vertical sync off is a good idea because you should get better overall performance but may get tearing.

The factors attributing lag could be based upon the client, the server, or the overall connection. I mean hate to break it to you but even I get times where there is a lag spike and my computer has to play catchup because the server choked for a few secs and my guy is running in the same place for about ten seconds. This is the kind of lag I hate having, but generally with lower frames per second something could be happening. My advice to you would be turn off your Anisoptric Filtering, lower your resolution down a few notches and disable Vertical Sync. Afterwards tell us how it is, but you cant constantly have the frame rate reporting what your playing at because you will never truly enjoy the game.

Good luck, and keep us updated.

Ok so I have tried a lower resolution and turned off aa and it didn't do a thing. And all the other things I suggested didn't work. And it does this on all games not just world at war

Tried different card didn't work. Em thinking it is windows. Will try repair install and then fresh install if that doesn't work