Sign in to follow this  
©JoSiEBeLLe®

Leaving the Pit

Everyone is free to come and go as they please. It's quite alright to mention other forums and quite honestly it's even quite alright to keep maligning the Pit. There are darn few forums where even this thread would be left up.

It's a hard job to enforce forum rules, allow freedom of speech, and encourage civility.

My hat's off to our active moderators who do the best job they can do.

When I Visit forums I don't like I don't waste much time making suggestions to them, I just don't visit.

Works for me.

I have decided to leave the pit. Good luck to the nice guys, you know who you are. As for some of the other members, you guys are why I quit, you know who you are.

:(

I am in no way maligning the Pit, and that was never my intention. Overall, this is one of the best peer to peer forums on the internet and I will continue to support the forum. PC Pitstop is the only forum I belong to. I did not want to disparage the forum, it's moderators and all of the other wonderful volunteers who give so much of their time to help others.

I did not want to blame the Pit for my decision, and I do not blame the Pit. I think there are many, many wonderful people here and I still believe that.

I would ask that if anyone has an issue with the Pit that they PM a moderator and I have no doubt, most misunderstandings will be solved. The Pit is also a community, over time I have made many lifelong friendships and I know there are many wonderful members who are eager to help whenever they can.

I am sad that this thread has caused anger or any negative responses toward the Pit. I must accept responsibility for that and I am sorry and regret that my post brought about these responses. The Pit is in no way a part of my decision to leave for now. My reasons are personal, and I made an effort to explain that.

It is only my opinion that I feel a few members have, ya know, I'm not even going there, I don't even want to blame anyone, that serves no positive purpose.

I think it serves the Pit best if we set good examples in how we treat each other by our own behavior. Don't get mad, remember when you post to have respect and follow the old golden rule. We can debate our opinions in PD without attacking a members values. We can help one another out and not make anyone feel demeaned.

I regret my part in creating any negativity and I apologize for that. If I had known that my post would have caused attacks on the Pit, I would not have started the thread. I truly love this forum and care for many of the members and I appreciate the sense of community that exists here.

I allowed a few responses to bother me so much, I had to leave.(I just need some time.) It was personal to me. Please do not allow my decision to leave to affect your own opinion of the overall quality of the PC Pitstop Forums. I would feel awful if I caused any of you to think any less of our community.

I feel sad to have caused any bad feelings, that said, I am still checking my PM's and when I feel comfortable, I will participate in the forums. Thank you all for you kind thoughts and wishes. And I am going to ask that we think when we post, that we discuss the issues or answer the question and not question the character or values of the member.

Edited by ©JoSiEBeLLe®

Josiebelle, I think that you don't must care what some people tell to you.

Last year, I said the same just like you, I don't come back, but in the years that someone post messages at a forum, you see there are friendly people and nasty where you'll say, I will shoot them, so you are 6 years at the Pitforum, I am also 6 years at this forum, I saw friendly people where I can good communicate, that is important.

Josiebelle, in that 6 years that you are here at the forum, you have see people they are friendly, so girl, ignore the messages from the nasty people.

Last that was 2 years ago, I suppose, someone told me in a privatemessage, Peter, pcPitstop is a worldforum, there are friendly people and not so friendly.

Yes indeed, I have seen that.

Josiebelle, head ahead and keep posting at this forum.

See you :tup:

Josiebelle, Take all time you need !!. The pit will always be here for you :) . Take care and Good luck... Wayne :b33r:

@ Stormy13 - Great Serenade ! excellent quality, mood, and thoughtfulness.

@ Coach djSilver - LMAO that article ought to be required reading for every Forum Mod on the Internet.

Note: if you are offended by clear and descriptive language that includes profanity, don't go there.

I can sympathize with the OP, just from my few posts and reading other posts, i already have one user on ignore due to every post i read by that person seemed ego driven sarcasism and a couple more with the "i'm smarter than thou attitude" i've been meaning to add to that list. kinda sad really, it does seem to bring the whole forum down and is why i joined and focused more on a couple other forums instead

I like the main site, its informative, smart and has tests, so its assumed, at least i assumed, that the forum would reflect that

I can sympathize with the OP, just from my few posts and reading other posts, i already have one user on ignore due to every post i read by that person seemed ego driven sarcasism and a couple more with the "i'm smarter than thou attitude" i've been meaning to add to that list. kinda sad really, it does seem to bring the whole forum down and is why i joined and focused more on a couple other forums instead

I like the main site, its informative, smart and has tests, so its assumed, at least i assumed, that the forum would reflect that

We have no idea who it is that has the attitude with the

ego driven sarcasism and a couple more with the "i'm smarter than thou attitude

If the mods and admins aren't aware of your dissatisfaction with a member, then we need to be pm'd about it.

Please contribute to make our forum better, but please don't contaminate it by posting negative comments because we can't read what's on your mind(s) :mrgreen:

Mucho thanks,

~ Jacee ~

This problem of people not treating others with respect online is increasing everywhere. There's an interesting Cracked article about how people act differently online: http://www.cracked.com/article_17522_6-new...y-internet.html

Wish you the best, JoSiEBeLLe!

I wish I had read this article before I started this mess. I would be remiss to admit, I saw a glimpse of myself, and I am guilty of some of the behavior described in the article. That post is worth it's own thread.

If any of you clicked past that post and didn't read the article the link directs you to, I would suggest that you check it out.

I consider myself to be a well adjusted and honest person, but, I think I did let emotion overrule common sense. I don't make a habit of it, if fact I didn't even see it that way until I read this article.

Is there any way we can use this as a "teachable moment"?

I find myself wishing I could put the "Genie" back in the bottle. I am going to take my time away to take a good look at all of this, make a "self-examination" and when I come back, I hope I am a better person and consider the consequences of my post before I start a thread or hit reply.

It is natural, I think, to follow a thread I began and respond to the replies. For most of the replies, I have done so in private.

The mods can't read our minds, and, I don't want to make their job any more difficult. For this reason, I think this thread has run it's course. Please, PM me if any of you still have a message for me. I think enough time has been spent on this, and I certainly did not want to "start" something.

I hope that something positive can come from this discussion. I will leave it up to the mods to close the thread or leave it open if they believe further comments will be constructive.

I will reply privately to any remaining responses. I appreciate the support and the criticism.

Mods? Let's close this thread. I am going to post that "link" in it's own thread, because; I do believe it is insightful.

Closed as requested by the original poster.

Here's a link to the new thread she has initiated: http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=171146

Note: if you are offended by clear and descriptive language that includes profanity, don't go there.

Agreed

:)Y

Edited by Y kawika