• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it seems I was right, guess I stepped on a few toes with my post, which by the way I saved

and would be happy to send via pm to who ever ask.

It contains two quoted post both of which are gone and my own all of which seem to have

vanished.

I really don't expect answer but kudos to you if you do

1. Who removed the post

2. Why is my opinion any less viable than anyone else's

Why bother with words like wont be tolerated and banned, in my opinion it is all just a lot of smoke

Doug you speak of accomplishment and status and that your not so naive that there are those who get

much more screw up room than the next and the pit members do a pretty good job of taking care of them

selves.

First why does anyone deserve any more screw up room than the next person, did each of us check a different version of the rules when we created our user names ?

Does this mean that one post or opinion has more merit or is more valuable than the next ? If so

please take the time to explain this to me.

Secondly If the pit members do such a good job at monitoring them selves, then why was my poste

with the quoted post the only thing removed, with my post being gone that leaves no room for self

monitoring now does it.

You also mention high accomplishment and status folks rarely get into squabbles of "privilege"

I really do value your opinion but that statement is ludicrous, all one has to do is take a glance

at the PD forum and it is very plain there are many so called high accomplishment and status

folks treading the so called rule line.

Just who are these folks that your dealing with most often on issues of fairness and privilege,

are these the folks who have voiced an opinion or thought that for some reason may have stepped

on someones toes or did not follow the ideology of these so called high accomplishment and status folks

One point you made is so very true both here and in the real world

The more well spoken and educated one is the less likely any kind of action will be taken regardless

of content of any particular post.

Bear

PS: Saved a screen shot of this one in case it too should vanish

Hi Bear,

I had already posted and accepted responsibility for removing the posts, which included your own because the offending material was quoted in your post.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1612222

I've removed a couple of posts that are attacking in nature and in violation of our Forum Rules.

Bear, sorry guy, but I also made one of your posts invisible, because it quoted others' posts that I've already removed.

Unfortunately, in the process I also removed your commentary -- which was appropriate and fitting as comment on the very same quoted material that I found to be in need of moderating.

That action on my part can best be described as a "mistake".

I apologize to you and take responsibility for having incorrectly removed your comments in the process of removing comments quoted from others. My mistake. :blushing:

Your post is now restored (with some editing).

I suppose I should offer a box of chocolates or similar as compensation for my errant behavior, but I'd probably go broke if I had to "pay" for my mistakes. And paying (bribing) for forgiveness is hardly a characteristic I would wish to be identified with.

Instead, I've done what I believe to be right.... I've corrected my mistake.

I'll reply to your other inquiries and comments in a separate post.

Best Regards

Opening with: Rockin' into the Night, with DJ Bear....

next post may take a while longer, or may come smashing through with chaotic energy.

Stay tuned. :)

Isnt somone calling ones nation a bunch of idiots useless or stupid or even maybe comunists a personal attack? if i was to turn around and say all americans are areholes (not that i think that) be a personal attack to any americans who use this forum? there are some moderators or ppl with administrive rights that do not deserve them, all they do is offend and abuse the pit, A political discusion is about politics but often on here its more about slagging someones nation off!

At the top of the PD forum:

It's expected that all members will be treated with respect but the same may not be true for politicians, candidates, countries, or ideologies.

Also at the top of the PD forum:

This is not the place for those who are easily offended.

when i click the view new posts button and am scrolling through the list its quite hard to ignore somthing like and im not quoting this! all europeans are ******* and a few other horrible things ive seen, I feel that its my duty to correct them, because even though im quite a distance from russia we are still both part of the european union making me a european. there is one person in particular that has called me an idiot or stupid on more than one occasion and not just me! other members too he dont care much for the forum rules even though an admin should nor does he care who he offends, but when ive tried to correct hes offensivness he has taken offense and said some horrible things but just lately he as turned into them, Im not gonna mention names because maybe they deserve a second chance and some extra time to grow up a bit.

Maybe the PD forum should not appear when ppl click veiw new topics button, then no one can take offence of what is being said in there! I dont visit the PD forum BUT some times it visits me causing offence.

Just because josie hasnt been on the forum in a while dont mean she has already left! "some people have a life outside the forum" and may be busy from time to time and unable to visit.

A political descussion is indeed a fight/argument waiting to happen, I dont even now why there is a forum of its kind on this site this is not the place for a political argument its where people come for help ppl from all over the world come to this forum only to find a couple of self centred loosers takin the p out of there country/nation, no wonder they take offence its hard not to, Like i said before if i said all americans where stupid its most likley every american on here is gonna be offended, I think they should have left it at general descussions.

1 to 4 or 5 pages

its not a game

shes leaving

because of certain members

good luck ©JoSiEBeLLe®

winning is not everything

losing valuable pit members is something

1 to 4 or 5 pages

its not a game

shes leaving

because of certain members

good luck ©JoSiEBeLLe®

winning is not everything

losing valuable pit members is something

:mrsgreen:

Ah dear JoSiEBeLLe,

I never come here any more....this is the first time in a very long time and yours is the first thread I saw. :( I've just slipped away quietly for the very same reason you're leaving. It's just not worth it to be here any more, for the most part. You get sarcasm and disrespect in just about any subforum here any more, and I have much more to do than put up with the egotistical garbage of the ones who think they are above everyone else here....probable the very ones you're speaking of.

I have a place to go where it's all about the PC help, and the atmosphere is wonderful compared to here. Everyone is respectful and the same garbage that is tolerated here does not fly for an instant there. :wub: Anyone interested in where it is, just ask and I shall tell via PM. You might just be surprised, and discover a couple of old friends who have already made their way there. :)

I only see 2 pages, but that's neither here nor there.

©JoSiEBeLLe® is free to do what she deems is best for her. :adios:

Your right she is free to do what ever she pleases

She is also free to feel comfortable here

She is also free to feel not to be the brunt of sarcastic comments

She is also free and has well earned right of respect

She is also free to feel to voice her opinion with out retribution

She is also most decidedly free to not be chased away by a few disrespectful chowderheads

In my time here I have seen the daily member usage drop considerably and a lot of good

people go by the way side, could it be that the owners of the pit need to take a real look

at what is and has been going on and adjust and act on the rules accordingly.

Bear

I have a place to go where it's all about the PC help, and the atmosphere is wonderful compared to here. Everyone is respectful and the same garbage that is tolerated here does not fly for an instant there.

They probably do not have the same freedom there as they do here to post what is on their minds either, without a fear of instantly getting banned, I like the open freedom of this place and the opportunity to hear other views weather I agree with them or not, and not being so thin skinned as to get easily offended. The banning method was tried here before and I think it was realized that you can't force people to be nice, if you run into rude folks, then avoid them. It's really not that complicated, unless you allow yourself to believe what somebody else thinks of you on the internet really matters and that person is probably a nobody to start with

They probably do not have the same freedom there as they do here to post what is on their minds either, without a fear of instantly getting banned,

Sure they do. :) They have a political discussions forum where the same rules are in place.......the difference is the rules are gone by and not constantly broken.

The mods/admins keep the rules in place and chastise when members personally go after others, You know the rules here and I don't see where they are not being enforced, of course their are tyhose that push the limits, I'd like to see the rules on the forum you mention, and you are free here to mention another forum too

You get sarcasm and disrespect in just about any subforum here any more, and I have much more to do than put up with the egotistical garbage of the ones who think they are above everyone else here....probable the very ones you're speaking of.

:blink:

Ah dear JoSiEBeLLe,

I never come here any more....this is the first time in a very long time and yours is the first thread I saw. :( I've just slipped away quietly for the very same reason you're leaving. It's just not worth it to be here any more, for the most part. You get sarcasm and disrespect in just about any subforum here any more, and I have much more to do than put up with the egotistical garbage of the ones who think they are above everyone else here....probable the very ones you're speaking of.

I have a place to go where it's all about the PC help, and the atmosphere is wonderful compared to here. Everyone is respectful and the same garbage that is tolerated here does not fly for an instant there. :wub: Anyone interested in where it is, just ask and I shall tell via PM. You might just be surprised, and discover a couple of old friends who have already made their way there. :)

We should pop on once in awhile just to save the dancing banana. Hugs,Tea Cup :banana::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana3: , and , the jumping rope banana!!!

My PM box runnuth over, thanks for all the warm wishes, you have reminded me of the genuine quality of most of our members. I will be lurking when I have the time, plus I still check my PM's.

I am not leaving because of a minor upset, I am leaving due to an attack on my values, not my opinions. It is not about thin skin, it is about the deterioration of the quality of real discussion. and members using the forum to reinforce their own egos.

I am very appreciative of all the support in this thread and the PM's. It has given me a reason to keep an eye on things and perhaps return in the future. I truly do love the Pit, and being a woman, I can always change my mind ;), I'll take a breather for now and wait. This is my 6th year here, maybe the 7th will be better. Most of you have been very kind, I want to acknowledge that.

Edited by ©JoSiEBeLLe®