Change Mode

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never have before been one to mix words, so I don't think I will here either.

You should not let the actions or words of a few egotistical self serving chowderheads

get you down.

Your wit wisdom and selflessness will be missed

Bear

Thats terrible to hear a member of 6 years leaving thanks to the guys that use this forum for their amusement!

I think i might just leave too this is no longer the place for pc troubles, its just a place where people take the :filtered: outta posts all day long, If someone would be kind enough to tell me how to deactivate my account it will be much appreiciated

cheers

There seems to be a lot of those "I'm leave the 'such and such forum'" threads going on these days! :P

If things where really equal there wouldn't be

Please don't respond to my post with that old worn out

"They are equal"

There not equal all one has to to is take a look around at some of the post

As for my self I'm not leaving unless I get banned, but I no longer spend hours

a day here like I used to.

Bear

Josie sorry that you are leaving your a valuable member of the pit. For all of you considering leaving because of the behavior of some it's your mistake to make leaving the pit to trolls :geezer: If you love the pit then stay and fight for the pit.

Like Bear the only way I'm leaving is to be banned but now and then when things get too unpleasant I take a break then come back :geezer:

@ Josie. Please don't let a few idiots drive you away. We need all the good people we can get here, and that includes you. Ignore the fools and trolls. :tup:

@ everyone. If I have ever said or did anything that caused you to think about leaving, it was not my intension, and I do apologize.

Josie sorry that you are leaving your a valuable member of the pit. For all of you considering leaving because of the behavior of some it's your mistake to make leaving the pit to trolls :geezer: If you love the pit then stay and fight for the pit.

Like Bear the only way I'm leaving is to be banned but now and then when things get too unpleasant I take a break then come back :geezer:

Hey, after I posted my last post in PD I might get banned.............

I noticed the nice members posted............mmmmmmmmm...odd isn't it? I may have upset a troll or two...I can lurk........I took a last shot and it felt good!!! And I am seriously touched by all these responses.....I thought I was the only one who felt marginalized.

Edited by ©JoSiEBeLLe®

it is sad to hear/read that your leaving your taking the smile out of the pit

a couple of trolls tried to intimidate me but i just ignore there ignorance

im not gonna leave the pit...nope noway your gonna have to ban me or drag me out of here..................

yup in the mean time ill put up with the cheap shots...............you take care ©JoSiEBeLLe®

Edited by mme

I feel so out of the loop here. Explain this whole member problem.

i agree, i guess i just dont know how close everyone is.

in my opinion dont let anyone run you off of a place that you like to spend some time at, i know i talked to a few people here and really have not found a person i do not like. but i admit i have been a little rude to 1 person in paticular, no matter how much i got annoyed when the person (you know who you are) seems to not respect the help i and other members have given.

ill do my best not to be such an :filtered:. i sure as hell would not let someone run me off anywhere, let alone a website.

©JoSiEBeLLe®, i dont know you, but you seem to be a well respected memeber and hope you wont let a punk trouble maker run you off, you have alot of friends here who would love for you to stay.

but then again this is like an outsider looking in i dont know all the details either

This post has been edited by Doug to remove inappropriate language and attacking remarks quoted from other Members (not Bear)

Bear's Quote and comment below was and is an appropriate commentary on the nature of the quoted material, but I nevertheless removed the quoted material due to inappropriate and attacking content.

If things where really equal there wouldn't be

Please don't respond to my post with that old worn out

"They are equal"

There not equal all one has to to is take a look around at some of the post

As for my self I'm not leaving unless I get banned, but I no longer spend hours

a day here like I used to.

Bear

I generaly don't quote myself but in this case let's see just how right I am, lets see who gets banned the baiter or the responder

2) Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so

respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice.

Bear

Hi Folks,

No heroics, nor ultimatums, nor personal attacks are needed to express our thoughts and opinions here.

I've removed a couple of posts that are attacking in nature and in violation of our Forum Rules.

Bear, sorry guy, but I also made one of your posts invisible, because it quoted others' posts that I've already removed.

©JoSiEBeLLe® has made a statement of principle.

She has taken action within her own responsibility and not struck out in personalized attack.

She has demonstrated strength, maturity, wisdom, opinion, and loyalty to our Pit community.

It appears that for some, her statement and action has provoked strong positive and encouraging thoughts.

In others sadness. In others, anger.

Some have taken the opportunity to pound their chests and violate the very principles that ©JoSiEBeLLe® has acted upon and expressed loyalty to.

I imagine that ©JoSiEBeLLe® is touched and inspired and warmed by the support.

I doubt that ©JoSiEBeLLe® would want any of us to act in disrespectful, destructive or self-destructive ways with the excuse of doing so on her behalf.

Knock it off.

Doug

By the way...

Things aren't "equal" in this community nor in any community that I've ever participated in.

Much like modern governments, there is a rule of law that attempts to advocate "equal opportunity".

There is no attempt to guarantee equal accomplishment or equal earned status.

Everyone is free here to earn as much accomplishment and status as they can build for themselves.

There are those who have earned more and those who have earned less, but all had the equal opportunity to earn.

Unlike living in real-life governments, we all entered the Pit with zero status and accomplishment.

We have all made of ourself what we have been able and still have further opportunity to make and earn more.

I am not so naive as to think that no one ever receives "privilege" beyond their merit.

It happens.

Ironically, privilege is most often extended as additional chances to folks who have a poor history of earning and sometimes a reckless history of squandering their earnings.

Those that enjoy elevated accomplishment and status, for the most part continue earning that accomplishment and status by exemplary conduct and service to the community.

The high accomplishment and status folks rarely get into squabbles of "privilege".

When issues of "privilege" become heated, it is generally within the population of those who already participate in ways that squander their earned status.

Let's not forget who we are most often dealing with when issues of privilege and fairness arise.

Most often The Pit membership has done a very good job of "moderating" themselves.

Occasionally Staff have stepped in to cool things down, provide direction and occasionally sanction.

When Staff act, there is plenty of room for Questioning Fairness

I'm open to hearing from those Questioning my action.

You will find that I am "firm" or I wouldn't have acted in the first place.

But I am not "rigid" to the point of being unwilling to listen and even moderate my moderation.

Best Regards

Personally I think that most people need to stay out of PD unless you are just looking for a fight. There are people posting over there that are either totally crazy or they are just pretending to be crazy just for the purpose of starting a fight...I haven't quite figured that one out just yet. I can't honestly believe that some of the things that people post about there(in PD) could actually be anyone's real views...if they are...then lord help us all!!!!! :blink:

Personally I think that most people need to stay out of PD unless you are just looking for a fight. There are people posting over there that are either totally crazy or they are just pretending to be crazy just for the purpose of starting a fight...I haven't quite figured that one out just yet. I can't honestly believe that some of the things that people post about there(in PD) could actually be anyone's real views...if they are...then lord help us all!!!!! :blink:

Some people actually are going to PD looking for constructive discussions on political issues that are of interest and relate to our government or policies and the consequences or roles the subjects have on our lives. And, then there are some who use the forum to be demeaning, irrelevant and show off their egos. I believe ideas can be exchanged and differing opinions expressed vigorously, without resorting to attacking the the values of the members one may disagree with. To go into any forum,"looking for a fight" is an abuse of the forum. I think all opinions honestly held and expressed are valuable, not crazy, and each members views deserve respect whether I agree or disagree.

If only it were a perfect world...IT'S NOT!

There is a warning posted at the top of PD for a reason!

Warning reads:

Please read and obey the rules of the PC Pitstop forum.

Be aware that as much latitiude as possible will be given to those posting political positions and opinions.

This is not the place for those who are easily offended.

It's expected that all members will be treated with respect but the same may not be true for politicians, candidates, countries, or ideologies.

If you are not prepared to hear exactly how someone feels about things of a political nature don't enter.

"Personal attacks will not be tolerated"

Edited by andromeda

If only it were a perfect world...IT'S NOT!

There is a warning posted at the top of PD for a reason!

Warning reads:

Please read and obey the rules of the PC Pitstop forum.

Be aware that as much latitiude as possible will be given to those posting political positions and opinions.

This is not the place for those who are easily offended.

It's expected that all members will be treated with respect but the same may not be true for politicians, candidates, countries, or ideologies.

If you are not prepared to hear exactly how someone feels about things of a political nature don't enter.

"Personal attacks will not be tolerated"

Isnt somone calling ones nation a bunch of idiots useless or stupid or even maybe comunists a personal attack? if i was to turn around and say all americans are areholes (not that i think that) be a personal attack to any americans who use this forum? there are some moderators or ppl with administrive rights that do not deserve them, all they do is offend and abuse the pit, A political discusion is about politics but often on here its more about slagging someones nation off!