Change Mode

my newest dumb thing i did

BigJoe5434

alright as someone you know i in paticular have done some stupid moves and have posted here to share with people. well this one is a doozy.

i went for a drive in my pickup, (being on unemployment, you really get bored sittin around the house) i came home, and came into my room. kicked off my boots, which are steel toe by the way, kicked off one and no problem kicked went to kick off the other and did not come off. at my second attemp i really put my leg into it, and there it went right through my bedroom window :pullhair:

my neighbor (ex brother in law), comes out and i went outside to let him know it was me (been a few breakins around this area) and he said did you hear that, i replied "yup that sum :filtered: tried to break in my room" after a a few comments i said nah it was my stupid move tryin to practice my tae kwon joe, and my boot went through the window :lol:

anyways hope you guys enjoy my misfortune, and like other times your free to take some of the heat off me and tell me a story :mrgreen:

i tell you my story why I feel dumb today. Yesterday I wasn't wearing my boots as I usally do when working around the house, I was wearing flip flops. It had rained real hard and I was going to sweep the water out that leaks into the laundry room. I stepped into a puddle and wham was hit with a burning pain. I kicked my flip flop off and saw a scorpion running away. Now I have been stung by scorpions at least 2 dozen times in my life but this was the most painful sting i have ever had, 12 hours of intense pain, my foot is real tender and numb now. If i only had been wearing my boots.........or looking where i was stepping.

alright as someone you know i in paticular have done some stupid moves and have posted here to share with people. well this one is a doozy.

i went for a drive in my pickup, (being on unemployment, you really get bored sittin around the house) i came home, and came into my room. kicked off my boots, which are steel toe by the way, kicked off one and no problem kicked went to kick off the other and did not come off. at my second attemp i really put my leg into it, and there it went right through my bedroom window :pullhair:

my neighbor (ex brother in law), comes out and i went outside to let him know it was me (been a few breakins around this area) and he said did you hear that, i replied "yup that sum :filtered: tried to break in my room" after a a few comments i said nah it was my stupid move tryin to practice my tae kwon joe, and my boot went through the window :lol:

anyways hope you guys enjoy my misfortune, and like other times your free to take some of the heat off me and tell me a story :mrgreen:

Well, at least it didn't come up and hit ya' in the "sac".......:yikes:

:geezer:

i tell you my story why I feel dumb today. Yesterday I wasn't wearing my boots as I usally do when working around the house, I was wearing flip flops. It had rained real hard and I was going to sweep the water out that leaks into the laundry room. I stepped into a puddle and wham was hit with a burning pain. I kicked my flip flop off and saw a scorpion running away. Now I have been stung by scorpions at least 2 dozen times in my life but this was the most painful sting i have ever had, 12 hours of intense pain, my foot is real tender and numb now. If i only had been wearing my boots.........or looking where i was stepping.

pardon my french.....but i would not be thinking of even owning a pair of flip flops in an area thats infested with scorpions.....guess thats a dumb thing...... :rofl2: guess for me its not taking the car out drive .....came to a stop and got out...but left the car in gear.......well ended up with a new and bigger doorway.............. :rofl2:

It wasn't me, but I helped a neighbor up in CT some years ago build his Garage/Out Building/Shop next to his house. He was not one that subscribed to the "measure twice - cut once" theory.

He drew out his plans, measured, got the materials, and we built it. It came out great and looked good.

He was a real craftsman, could build anything, so decided to build himself a boat. Again her drew up the plans, measured, and started building the boat. It was really quite impressive when he finished it, kind of looked like one of the old Chris Craft wooden boats.

However, when he went to take it out of the building, he then discovered his mistake.

The measurement he used for the Garage Door, was actually the measurement for the "width of the building", seriously hindering the boat extraction.

Score: Boat - 1 Neighbor - 0

It was still in the building when I moved to Florida in 1974, probably still is.....

It wasn't me, but I helped a neighbor up in CT some years ago build his Garage/Out Building/Shop next to his house. He was not one that subscribed to the "measure twice - cut once" theory.

He drew out his plans, measured, got the materials, and we built it. It came out great and looked good.

He was a real craftsman, could build anything, so decided to build himself a boat. Again her drew up the plans, measured, and started building the boat. It was really quite impressive when he finished it, kind of looked like one of the old Chris Craft wooden boats.

However, when he went to take it out of the building, he then discovered his mistake.

The measurement he used for the Garage Door, was actually the measurement for the "width of the building", seriously hindering the boat extraction.

Score: Boat - 1 Neighbor - 0

It was still in the building when I moved to Florida in 1974, probably still is.....

oh man that sucks can you imagine that? :laughing:

Speaking of getting out of the garage

Back when I first got my license my dad let me drive our 60 something Ford Pick up with a three speed column shift. I jumped at the chance to drive it or anything else I could get my hands on.

Soooo one day my Grandmother calls up and says she has some stuff in her garage that needs to go to the

dump.

I get there and her 70 something Cadillac is sitting in the garage and I have to move it to get the trash out

(bet ya can see where this is going)

I jump in her Caddy start her up and WAM right through the back of the garage, almost made it all the way

through.

Bear

Back when satellite dishes sprang up everywhere... I bought one of the mesh aluminum 10' dishes. Took it home and stored it in the garage till the next day. Next day it was pouring down rain so I decided to put it together inside the garage.....well...the 10' dish wouldn't go out the 9' garage door when I finished so I had to partially disassemble it to get it out! :mrgreen:

Back when satellite dishes sprang up everywhere... I bought one of the mesh aluminum 10' dishes. Took it home and stored it in the garage till the next day. Next day it was pouring down rain so I decided to put it together inside the garage.....well...the 10' dish wouldn't go out the 9' garage door when I finished so I had to partially disassemble it to get it out! :mrgreen:

:laughing:

Ok, Joe, here it goes;

I am a carpenter, have been since 1975, home remodeling, new builds, patio enclosures (Florida Rooms), doors, windows, boats, yachts, you name it. I was at a new build installing a 16'x8' patio door and you have to lay the frame out on the floor to put it together, I was in a hurry (getting late), so I slapped the frame together and went to stand it up when I realized I built it around a temporary support beam and of course I couldn't move the beam.

I feel better, I've been carrying that around for years :lol:

:rofl2:

Talking of dumb and embarassing things, this was on the Jay Leno show, where a woman was telling the story of her first date with a guy. it was a blind date. I don't think this one can be topped:

She said it was midwinter... snowing and quite cold...and the guy had taken her skiing to Lake Arrowhead. It was a day trip (no overnight). They were strangers, after all, and truly had never met before. The outing was fun but relatively uneventful until they were headed home late that afternoon. They were driving back down the mountain, when she gradually began to realize that she should not have had that extra latte. They were about an hour away from anywhere with a rest room and in the middle of nowhere! Her companion suggested she try to hold it, which she did for a while.

Unfortunately, because of the heavy snow and slow going, there came a point where she told him that he had better stop and let her pee beside the road, or it would be the front seat of his car. They stopped and she quickly crawled out beside the car, yanked her pants down and started. Unfortunately, in the deep snow she didn't have good footing, so she let her butt rest against the rear fender to steady herself. Her companion stood on the side of the car watching for traffic and indeed was a real gentleman and refrained from peeking. All she could think about was the relief she felt despite the rather embarrassing nature of the situation. Upon finishing however, she soon became aware of another sensation.

As she bent to pull up her pants, the young lady discovered her buttocks were firmly glued against the car's fender. Thoughts of tongues frozen to pump handles immediately came to mind as she attempted to disengage her flesh from the icy metal. It was quickly apparent that she had a brand new problem due to the extreme cold. Horrified by her plight and yet aware of the humor she answered her date's concerns about "what is taking so long" with a reply that indeed, she was "freezing her butt off and in need of some assistance"!

He came around the car as she tried to cover herself with her sweater and then, as she looked imploringly into his eyes, he burst out laughing. She too, got the giggles and when they finally managed to compose themselves, they assessed her dilemma. Obviously, as hysterical as the situation was, they also were faced with a real problem. Both agreed it would take something hot to free her chilly cheeks from the grip of the icy metal! Thinking about what had gotten her into the predicament in the first place, both quickly realized that there was only one way to get her free. So, as she looked the other way, her first-time date proceeded to unzip his pants and pee her butt off the fender.

Talking of dumb and embarassing things, this was on the Jay Leno show, where a woman was telling the story of her first date with a guy. it was a blind date. I don't think this one can be topped:

She said it was midwinter... snowing and quite cold...and the guy had taken her skiing to Lake Arrowhead. It was a day trip (no overnight). They were strangers, after all, and truly had never met before. The outing was fun but relatively uneventful until they were headed home late that afternoon. They were driving back down the mountain, when she gradually began to realize that she should not have had that extra latte. They were about an hour away from anywhere with a rest room and in the middle of nowhere! Her companion suggested she try to hold it, which she did for a while.

Unfortunately, because of the heavy snow and slow going, there came a point where she told him that he had better stop and let her pee beside the road, or it would be the front seat of his car. They stopped and she quickly crawled out beside the car, yanked her pants down and started. Unfortunately, in the deep snow she didn't have good footing, so she let her butt rest against the rear fender to steady herself. Her companion stood on the side of the car watching for traffic and indeed was a real gentleman and refrained from peeking. All she could think about was the relief she felt despite the rather embarrassing nature of the situation. Upon finishing however, she soon became aware of another sensation.

As she bent to pull up her pants, the young lady discovered her buttocks were firmly glued against the car's fender. Thoughts of tongues frozen to pump handles immediately came to mind as she attempted to disengage her flesh from the icy metal. It was quickly apparent that she had a brand new problem due to the extreme cold. Horrified by her plight and yet aware of the humor she answered her date's concerns about "what is taking so long" with a reply that indeed, she was "freezing her butt off and in need of some assistance"!

He came around the car as she tried to cover herself with her sweater and then, as she looked imploringly into his eyes, he burst out laughing. She too, got the giggles and when they finally managed to compose themselves, they assessed her dilemma. Obviously, as hysterical as the situation was, they also were faced with a real problem. Both agreed it would take something hot to free her chilly cheeks from the grip of the icy metal! Thinking about what had gotten her into the predicament in the first place, both quickly realized that there was only one way to get her free. So, as she looked the other way, her first-time date proceeded to unzip his pants and pee her butt off the fender.

:laughing::rofl2::laughing::rofl2:

Archived