Change Mode

i think i might build a new pc sooner so how will this build be?

motherboard and cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDet...st=Combo.213790

psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817703009

ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820148150

and case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811103025

kinda downgrade from my xclio 380 but dont want to strip my socket 939 pc but if i dont like the new one i just swap cases:)

theres no gpu there because i aready bought my his 4890 and useing it in my 939 pc now:)

and for hdds im just gona take out the 2x 1bs that i got now and put them in the new one than pop my 2x160s in the 939

ony thing im little worry about is the motherboard i allways used dfi and i loved the performence they give and the overclocking options.

boards that i have is the dfi lanparty rdx200 my current board now which is a really nice overclocking my opteron is at 3.02ghzs from 1.8:) and my first dfi that is the suppost to be the best overclocking 754 board which is the dfi lanparty 250gb i got my amd [email protected] 2.7.

so will the gigabyte let me get nice overclocks? i dont expect as good as my dfi but i like to overclock atleast 300 to 500 min with this new system if needed.

i was gona get a intel i7 920 build but it would be more money.

i problee could get it in 2months but the amd system is pretty cheep to pass up:) and well i pretty much allways had amd when i build my 3 pass systems. ony intels systems i have is laptops which is my newest one asus g50vt-5 which is very nice.

i mosty gona be gaming so would the i7 make a big diffrence to the amd in games or not that much? if it wont i just go with the amd system.

I have the same exact cpu and mobo you do! The work really good together (better than m other I had for the 940!)

Its a great Board!! I think better than DFI! So many BIOS options and not one hiccup!

If your going to overclock it is great as it auto over volts the pcu to a certain point. After that you have to go in manually..It over-volted by itself to 3.5ghz..

PSU is a good SOB!

Ram is not that bad as it is only 1.7 volts! Could have went with something like this though (and cheaper)

EDIT: The mobo will not run with that ram!! It needs DDR2

Memory Standard DDR2 1333 OC

If you still want lower volted ram these are good

Ram 1

And this is probably best bang for your buck!! (but higher voltage)

Mushkin

As far as gaming then NO the i7 will not give you ANY performance gain on the gaming end.. and the 940 could be clocked to 3.8 on air and stable! But why not the 955? Only 10 bucks more (I think...to lazy to go look lol)

Nope it is like 30 bucks more!

Edited by lugnut

Eh, the case is kind of ugly. But why not go with the DFI motherboard if you like them so much? I definitely approve of DFI motherboards :mrgreen:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

DFI still in business? :unsure:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

DFI still in business? :unsure:

As far as cases go, I believe that this is the one place that one should never skimp out on as this is the one part of your system that will always be visible to you and anyone you bring over to your house. The case linked just looks cheap and not very stylish. For example, the case is asymmetrical with that fan box and there is that gigantic eyesore control mechanism sticking out of the top. It's just not a very appealing case.

However, I assume that you can have certain standards of beauty. For instance, if you're used to women who are asymmetrical, you may not find such a hideous case that is also asymmetrical as a problem.

OOOOOHHH Kram, I think you just got burned.

Anyway, who the hell cares if the case is ugly or not? I bring people over my house all the time, and none of them take time to critique my case, because I usually keep them entertained enough as to prevent them from finding small things to critique.

Anyway, who the hell cares if the case is ugly or not? I bring people over my house all the time, and none of them take time to critique my case, because I usually keep them entertained enough as to prevent them from finding small things to critique.

When your friends are computer enthusiasts like yourself, they will often not only notice what case you have but will critique it as well. This process is known as 'ripping' upon another and is associated with male bonding rituals. However, there is usually truth behind these insults which may hurt your pride.

If your case is a pleasant sight, then instead of receiving 'rips,' you will instead receive compliments such as: "dude, your case is totally RADICAL!" "whoa, EXTREME case, man!" "that case is so nice that I will not use it as a coaster!!"

Once receiving such compliments, you will know that you made an excellent choice in choosing a beautiful case.

Yes, it's that beauty and beholder thing. I think the case looks great. I expecially like the top access. I'm using an antec case for over 4 years now and have had I don't know how many builds in it. Mostly I like it because of the ease of access at the top front of case. It's edpecially purdy when I don't have to bend over, and search under the desk just to plug in a USB drive. :)

whopps forgot about the ram being ddr3 and the board takes... ddr2. just saw that when i was looking at the board lol

so gonna get the muskin ram lugnut linked:)

i think im gonna stick with the GIGABYTE this time sense its cheaper than the dfi and seems to have alot of features that i like:) tho from not being dd3 ram it wont hold me back right?

ya i was gonna get the amd 955 buts its sold out:( but ain't the 940 and the 955 the same except the 955 has 200mhzs more>?

and for the case i decided not to get that xclio one sense it looks kinda small i like having big cases like my xclio 380.

so heres the cases i was looking at

this one almost just look like the 380 xclio but has more fans http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811215013

and this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811517004 which looks pretty nice and will give nice cooling

or this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811166004 was thinking of getting this one but not sure how the cooling will be sense it ony has 80mm fans

hard to say sense they all look like nice cases lol

but that AZZA looks like it would have the best cooling of them all.

Here is mine.. Looks good too..

Cosmos and dang it really came down in price over the past 4 months!

Or is this past the budget? If you think about it... The Cosmos has free shipping right now.. Which in the end will save ya 40 or more bucks!

Edit: This is a great case as well and in the price range of he others (again free shipping as you have to count that) Plus it has great cooling an is another coolermastr! CLick Me

Plus it comes with

1 x 120mm rear fan

1 x 200mm Red LED front fan You can change the fan if you dont like red!

1 x 200mm top fan

And has enough room for 4 more fans! Edited by lugnut

Its the point BigJoe... You have good stuff inside you want it to be nice outside.. Especially if it is going to be here people see it! Like mine (Now) is in my front room so it has to accentuate the room not bring an eye sore to it!!

Now if it is a bedroom etc than ya an ugly one would be great! As long as i does its job!

Still like my Cosmos though lol.. That Coolermaster HAF is nice looking as well and cheaper than one he picked! Plus it is great at cooling and can be expanded to watercool later!

Its the point BigJoe... You have good stuff inside you want it to be nice outside.. Especially if it is going to be here people see it! Like mine (Now) is in my front room so it has to accentuate the room not bring an eye sore to it!!

Now if it is a bedroom etc than ya an ugly one would be great! As long as i does its job!

Still like my Cosmos though lol.. That Coolermaster HAF is nice looking as well and cheaper than one he picked! Plus it is great at cooling and can be expanded to watercool later!

Coolermaster HAF, would be my next case if i could build a new rig :lol: i love the look and the airflow of that case

the Cosmos 1000, i would also use but i would have to make a an upgrade. cut a hole in the side to mount a 360mm fan then i would really love that case :tup:

Edited by BigJoe5434

Why cut such a beautiful case lol I have my bottom 120mm fan intake and 2 top 120 133cfm intake fans! My temps stay ion the 20 to 25 c range idle and under full load it never gets above 47c

well on my case now is the Xclio Windtunnel Advanced

1x 120mm rear exahust fan

1x 200mm top exahust fan

2x 250mm side intake fans that push 144 cfm each

some say mine is ugly but i actually like it alot

Say Joe, doesn't that mean you have a positive vacuum in your case? For instance, since there is more air coming in than out, won't air from your case be trying to find any area to escape from, such as between panels and out of cracks?

well on my case now is the Xclio Windtunnel Advanced

1x 120mm rear exahust fan

1x 200mm top exahust fan

2x 250mm side intake fans that push 144 cfm each

some say mine is ugly but i actually like it alot

Not a bad idea.. but remember Joe always have a balanced system.. The same amount of intake air and that many fans for the air to go out.. for example you can't have 3x120mm 80cfm fans giving air in, and only 2 fans or more like 4 fans giving air out, have 2 fans only if the total cfm volume between both the fans can match the intake.. Sorry it may sound confusing..

In your case, first thing for your top exhaust, you might want to make sure that your that your psu's fan is not also pulling air, because sometimes your psu ends up chocking and doesn't last all that long..

You might want to getting some side intake fans that pushes less air.. 144cfm sounds much..

Then again i'm not a genius or anything, that's just my logic.. :)

Say Joe, doesn't that mean you have a positive vacuum in your case? For instance, since there is more air coming in than out, won't air from your case be trying to find any area to escape from, such as between panels and out of cracks?

umm probbably i can see that happening.

Not a bad idea.. but remember Joe always have a balanced system.. The same amount of intake air and that many fans for the air to go out.. for example you can't have 3x120mm 80cfm fans giving air in, and only 2 fans or more like 4 fans giving air out, have 2 fans only if the total cfm volume between both the fans can match the intake.. Sorry it may sound confusing..

In your case, first thing for your top exhaust, you might want to make sure that your that your psu's fan is not also pulling air, because sometimes your psu ends up chocking and doesn't last all that long..

You might want to getting some side intake fans that pushes less air.. 144cfm sounds much..

Then again i'm not a genius or anything, that's just my logic.. :)

lol the 2 144cfm fans are what came with the case. seems to work very well. the TRUE Black 120 cooler i have, has 2 120mm fans for a push/pull config, and those fans are equal to my rear exaughst so i really dont have much warm air in my case.

What was wrong with the first case? it dont look cheap you can clearly see its made of good solid material, I agree with airflow suggestions you need as much in as out the only prob being most psu's come with slow spinning fans these days making it hard to compensate. Bigger is better but what it looks like dont really matter, What it can do does, your cd drives, hdds, ram, cpu, gpu, chipset and psu generate lots of heat if you add it all up its around 200c thats with 2 hds and excluding cd drives and psu,

As for the build like lugnut said he has the same system very nice and it kicked my intel quads backside :surrender:

k just ordered the stuff and heres what i ordered:)

psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817703009

ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820146785

cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103471 which the price went up some... lol

2 of theses http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835200050

motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813128387

case went with the cool master haf:) seems like a nice case and alot of room and cooling

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811119197

everything came out for 597$ shipped

should be a nice upgrade from my current system:) which does int do bad but holding my 4890 back alot.

oh another thing from the motherboard being ddr2 memory that wont hold me back to much will it?

by reviews i don't see any difference maybe like couple% in benches if any.

by the way does am2 am3 have a good life span? like in the future?

so if i want to upgrade down the road i could tho im sure this cpu will last me a really long time lol but be nice to know i can upgrade the cpu later on.

unlike socket 939... as soon as i bought it pretty much was int to much upgrades for it after the opertron 165 which was called the best for 939.

but would've been nice if somehow they made quads for 939 lol