Sign in to follow this  
Swordfleece

Viewsonic Monitor displays no signal

Hi,

I have a Viewsonic VX922 19" Monitor. It's about 2-3 years old and worked fine until about 7-8 months ago.

Sometimes when swithcing on I'd get no display (not the no signal I'm now getting from last night).

Pressing some of the keyboard keys like my music, my pictures, web/home etc seemed to bring it back to

life. But last night I am now getting no signal.

Since the problem started I have scanned for viruses. At the start of this year I wiped my drives and once

I'd put on Windows XP - same problem.

As of last night this morning I cannot even get a signal. I pulled an old analogue Belinea Monitor from my

cupboard and have no problems viewing - PC seems fine.

Being a beginner can someone help? I've tried updating drivers etc.

Thanks

Seems like you narrowed it down to the problem being the Viewsonic monitor. Can you try it on a different computer to see if you get the same "no signal" message?

Seems like you narrowed it down to the problem being the Viewsonic monitor. Can you try it on a different computer to see if you get the same "no signal" message?

Hi,

Unfortunately not, I only have the one PC. I did make sure the video card was properly inserted (as far as I can see it is) and hoovered quite a lot of dust out of the inside and cleaned the fans). I now don;t get the no signal

but sometimes when I switch the monitor on the display comes up immediately - other times the on/off button

just flashes green with no display.

One thing I noticed was when I press some of the media buttons like my music, my pictures etc once, then switch on the display come up. It's really perplexing!! Thanks for the reply - but any other ideas?

Take the video card out, and clean it off with some air, and where you plug it in also. Give the insides a good cleaning. As you found out somewhat, escessive dust and dirt can cause a myriad of problems. People with pets that leave their PC tower on the floor find that out, usually in short order.

You can also hook the monitor up to a laptop if you have one, as an external monitor to check it.