Sign in to follow this  
shogan191

New Box

Just got it together. Nothing and I mean nothing is tweaked.

Here's the first, well third pit test. Didn't have the memory set correctly on the first run and it wouldn't test internet on the second.

Nice jump over my previous rig that was hitting about 9600 points overclocked.

STOCK http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=22392805 :tup:

Just the retail fan that came with the CPU.

I just wanted it get it up and be sure everything worked first. I can add more stuff the weekend just to be sure there's plenty to break.

Memeory is set to 1333. I'm going in to see if I can up things a little. It's been so long that it's taking me forever to find stuff.

BCLK - Multi - :cr@sh: -VCore - BCLK - Multi - :cr@sh: -VCore - BCLK - Multi - :cr@sh: -VCore -

:P

How fast does your windows load?

i second that, 4x ssd i imagine fast as hell, with 1x raptor 150 i take about 45 seconds. he probably less then 30sec

Edited by BigJoe5434

There's a 20K+ Club :thud:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=22393264

Man it's been a long time. Took me forever to even get a slight overclock. Everything is different. Clock settings on this board adjust the ram settings or something. I'm having trouble with the memory settings. It gives me numberic choice as in t2, 3, 4, 5, which translates to a memory speed based on the Base Clock speed,,,,,, I think. Never heard of base clock speed. and don't know why I can't just set a memory speed.

Oh well..We'll get there.

You'll get it. You just need to slap it around a little bit. :ukliam2:

Looking great. :tup:

awesome scores guys :tup:

Sho, your over 19k on 32bit color testing, put it to 16 bit and your scores will go up even more :tup:

Posted Image

Well, you can't really see it, but it's 4.1 on stock air for 3D06.

I had a higher score with a lower clock but better memory speed, but was glad to complete at 4.1 stock air.

I'm going to put on a little bit better air cooler. I'd like to get 4.2 stable but I have no idea if that's possible on air. I'll give it a go.

:P

Hello Shogan... well it's very good to see you catchup.. Very nice build by the way... :)

As for overclocking, look I'm just mentioning what I've seen.. so far the stock i7 cooler even @ stock (what i've seen) is utter crap.. temps are in the highs..

If you really wanna put that system under a impressive clock.. water cooling at least.. as for the nb and sb, old method put some serious air on them, these things get hot..

But still.. you got some good clocking going there.. :tup:

Edited by miggs78

Hey miggs, good to see you. Yep, I'm pulling the plug and putting some better air on right now. I've got water but nothing that will fit.

what was your vcore to get that 4.1 run sho??

thats some kick :filtered: overclocking already, even with stock cooler your getting better results than my 920 on water. :clap:

Hey terry, it was 1.32 on vcore. Seemes to clock better on low voltage. Looks like 4.2 is about it on that cooler. I just put another cooler on it and got it all together except that the darn thing won't fit in the case now. I gotta change out my work box with the other case I had so I can keep the mess down for the wife. I'm right in the middle of the famiy room with all this stuff.

Now that I'm thinking about it I might have another case I can use instead of tearing my work box apart.

That would be a good thing. :cr@sh:

Hey terry, it was 1.32 on vcore. Seemes to clock better on low voltage. Looks like 4.2 is about it on that cooler. I just put another cooler on it and got it all together except that the darn thing won't fit in the case now. I gotta change out my work box with the other case I had so I can keep the mess down for the wife. I'm right in the middle of the famiy room with all this stuff.

Now that I'm thinking about it I might have another case I can use instead of tearing my work box apart.

That would be a good thing. :cr@sh:

I'll bet you never realized how much you missed building a new rig and playing with it, right sho'?? :P

:geezer:

1. Run out buy new Fan and heatsink/Arctic Silver/Air/ $84.00

2. Argue with never made it to X wife.

3. Get rattled and put rig together

4. Can't get into case.

5. Relax on couch

6 Realize how to get it in case

7.Put it in case.

8.Think about the clear tab I saw over the copper heat sink before arguement.

9 Realize I hadn't removed the plastic and it's sitting against the cpu.

10. Picture tech I watched do the same thing while he looked at smoke and remarked about the smell of burnt plastic.

11. Call myself a DA and disassemble whole thing.

12 Reassemble in less than 8 minutes.

13 come to The Pit and confess.

Clock to 4.0 at stock voltages.

Decide to run 06 at stock voltage ...... I'll be back..... Yep, completed 06 stock Vcore and Vdim on air @4.0.

Cool.

1. Run out buy new Fan and heatsink/Arctic Silver/Air/ $84.00

2. Argue with never made it to X wife.

3. Get rattled and put rig together

4. Can't get into case.

5. Relax on couch

6 Realize how to get it in case

7.Put it in case.

8.Think about the clear tab I saw over the copper heat sink before arguement.

9 Realize I hadn't removed the plastic and it's sitting against the cpu.

10. Picture tech I watched do the same thing while he looked at smoke and remarked about the smell of burnt plastic.

11. Call myself a DA and disassemble whole thing.

12 Reassemble in less than 8 minutes.

13 come to The Pit and confess.

Clock to 4.0 at stock voltages.

Decide to run 06 at stock voltage ...... I'll be back..... Yep, completed 06 stock Vcore and Vdim on air @4.0.

Cool.

Ooohh.. Breath.. Lol Shogan you're having some fun.. Sho' why not get one of those HDT heatsinks, I'm really digging this one.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...=RR-B10-212P-GP brand new from Cooler Master, you can read a review (here).. the fan is actually quite nice.. first HDT heatsink that comes with a proper mounting kit, and honestly with a price of just $30, this thing is definitely worth a try..

Though Good Luck, play it easy, you don't want the burn smell again...

Edited by miggs78

you forgot the kiss and make it up to not quite ex wife in hopes of some nookie later... ;)

:rofl2:

i'm really jealous of all you out there who get great oc's with such low vcore. :lol:

:clap:

:b33r: