Change Mode

Good to see everyone still around. The last two years I actually used my computer for work instead of just surfing and overclocking so stability was my main goal.

The system I put together is not what I would have used in the past as it's main goal is going to be work. I went with a more.... .... conservative setup. Had to go with a less expensive board from MSI instead of the Rampage or Eclipse, or Classified boards I wanted. Just too much money. When I saw $400.00+ for a board I almost fainted. I remember when $250.00 was the very most you could spend. Heck I remember when .... nevermind.

Bought the MSI X58 SLI Platinum.

Good to see everyone still around. The last two years I actually used my computer for work instead of just surfing and overclocking so stability was my main goal.

The system I put together is not what I would have used in the past as it's main goal is going to be work. I went with a more.... .... conservative setup. Had to go with a less expensive board from MSI instead of the Rampage or Eclipse, or Classified boards I wanted. Just too much money. When I saw $400.00+ for a board I almost fainted. I remember when $250.00 was the very most you could spend. Heck I remember when .... nevermind.

and................... :adios:

I totally hear you Sho... I was surprised myself as to how expensive the board were, especially the classified.. almost a $150-200 difference between the reg evga x58 and the classified version.

You know the MSI is a good board, perhaps you could look at the Gigabyte X58-UD5, it's actually quite an affordable board, Ive seen some quality reviews on that board, power usage friendly, green.. you could overclock if you want, and you know the Giga right, the japanese conductors, no cheap thing...

Well I was looking to pull the plunge, I'm not sure what system you have, mine might be newer than yours, E8400, hence I decided against it..

Good Luck with the build, I wish you could put it up before Forum Wars, I know business is important, but maybe a lil' help.. The old I_G, Sho and Flew but whooping team lol.. :lol:

You remembered.. express................................... plz.. :)

edit: I put the correct Gigabyte board I was referring to.

Edited by miggs78

MSI X58 Platinum SLI

i7 975

MSI N295 GTX

2x3 Patriot

4x OCZ VTX 30G

I think so Caintry, it's been so long since I built anything I just hope I can get it all together. :overclocking:

:bawling:

MSI X58 Platinum SLI

i7 975

MSI N295 GTX

2x3 Patriot

4x OCZ VTX 30G

I think so Caintry, it's been so long since I built anything I just hope I can get it all together. :overclocking:

:bawling:

Nice rig shogan, good to see you back at it. :b33r: