Change Mode

I have a linksys router and recently it's been slowing my internet down by alot. I ran the installation disk and all that but im still getting really slow loading times and pages wont load constantly. The error code is a 101. It says theres a problem with the internet connection reset or something like that. Someone help me out please. I have google chrome and other people have been having this problem as well with chrome but I was having it with IE8 too so I dont think its google chrome starting the problem.

Edited by greasyfork13

You have confirmed that all your settings are correct and the right protocol has been selected and you have the latest firm ware updates as well as the software was installed correctly ?

Bear

Jeez bear, Im 15. Im not that computer smart just yet. Uhm I have everything installed. Its been fine lately though. when I bypass the router it usually works fine.

Yeah his message wasnt all that helpful. You definitely need to check and see if it does it when directly connected to the modem (although it sounds like you already have). Also check and see if it is Chrome, try IE or Firefox. If you are getting a 101 thats not a speed problem, thats a disconnection problem. Perhaps you are too far from the router? Or your settings are not correct on the router.

If it is actually running slow, go to speedtest.net and run a speed test and see what you get compared to normal.

Also... if its either your connection or your router, the ISP (most likely does anyway) as well as linksys have free tech support (assuming the router is less than a few years old). They will know how to help.

As far as the firmware.. you need to be able to get into your routers set up page. To do that type in 192.168.1.1 on your address bar (assuming its at default. The password should be "Admin" again assuming that its default). Go to linksys.com and download the latest firmware, and then update it from the setup menu.

If you dont know how to do anything, Linksys also has free online live chat support (assuming its under warranty)

Justin

Did you install the norton antivirus program that comes with the router software

you may have inadvertantly installed it.

if its a clean install that maybe good or.....if it is a clean install and you have another antivirus program .....that could be a handful of problems

its been fine lately so I think its ok. If there was a problem it was very discreet because no one here seems to know what it is. My modem is 6 inches away from my router. All the computers are in the same room. We have 3 because multiple people like to use them at once. But anyway, its fine now. Thread closed.