Change Mode

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My board is dead :( I got my new ram and slot 3 wasn't working on the board, tried 2+4 and the system flipped out. Decided a bios flash was in order and you guys can probably guess what happened after I updated the bios... :( :( :(

got the phenom xII 940 , both gts 250's in sli, 8 gigs of ram installed and the 750w corsair powersupply, can do overclocking up to 4.2 -4.32on air(its stable here but i dont prefer to be that high lol). what class do i need to be in?

got the phenom xII 940 , both gts 250's in sli, 8 gigs of ram installed and the 750w corsair powersupply, can do overclocking up to 4.2 -4.32on air(its stable here but i dont prefer to be that high lol). what class do i need to be in?

You should be in, I'd just wait for Captain Caintry Boy to approve.. :)

4.2 o AIr??? Not that I dont believe you but show it lol.. I can get mine to 4 on air but not stable yet.. And I have a bad :filtered: cpu cooler

i am running the hyper 520 cpu cooler, and 5-6 case fans. my cpu idles around 29c oced at 3.6 gigs. just unlink your memory from the overclock and adjust your voltage to around 1.5 +- manually ,and adjust your multiplier between 18-20 then voila. if you are running the standard voltage then you will be luck to get 3.6 and if you are doing that then not that i dont beleive U but you will have to show me. IF lol, you have a decent cooler. the proc is very capable of the 4.2. go over to the sli forums and look at some of theirs . they are the ones who helped me with alot of problems i had setting this rig up, especailly getting the cpu to 4.2. i will post a pic of it when i get home. Edited by kfxsti

C_B.. Incase you didn't notice, what ya say.. he is in right?

well looks like were gonna have a nice week or so of showers so its gonna cool it down some.

if its not too late ill play for the Pit

Q6600

Asus Rampage Formula X48

eVGA 9800GTX+ Supperclocked

4GB OCZ Reapers DDR2 1066

Air Cooling

C_B.. Incase you didn't notice, what ya say.. he is in right?

Yup! He's been in since page 2 or 3......... Team roster is in the War Room. BigJoe5434, you're in too.....

why do i sense a hint of sarcasim

Not so much sarcasm as terry's lack of confidence in his O/C'n.....but he'll do fine. You will too! Have a look at page one and go to the Rules page that I linked to, check out the benches we'll be using.......practice a little, never hurt anyone, especially me.

:geezer:

well if both boards are knackered, i don't see the harm in using a soldering iron and swapping both chips, worst that could happen is you have 2 knackered boards. :lol:

:b33r:

It would be sooo hard to do :pullhair:

easier if you have the tool to suck up the solder, just take your time and do one pin at a time, until all the pins are free and it's easy to pull out.

if possible put some sort of clip(or copper wire) on the pins to remove the heat from the chip itself(don't want to burn it up) when using the soldering iron.

:b33r:

Waaaa... Gryph Welcome back bro..

Very nice to see you.. :rocks::banana::banana2::ax::banana3:

:tup:

I told ya guys, I smell some... Flew now only if you came, we would be the untouchable :D

Edited by miggs78