Sign in to follow this  
geno368

NETGEAR wgr614 changed gateway IP address.

I have a brother who has a netgear router and it will not work right. I did an ipconfig and the default gateway states 10.0.0.1 and I don't know what to do from there. The system doesn't recognize the wireless adapter at all. Is it trashed?

nothing wrong with that ip address. it probably just needs to be set up. open your web browser on a computer connected to the router by a cable, and type "10.0.0.1" into the address bar (no quotes). go through the setup.

I don't understand what your saying is wrong with the router.

Hook up a computer to the router (wired).Open your web browser and go to the default gate way address and set up the radio "WiFi".

Or is it the WiFi card in the computer that's not working?

Edit I'm to slow!

Edited by badbob

I don't understand what your saying is wrong with the router.

Hook up a computer to the router (wired).Open your web browser and go to the default gate way address and set up the radio "WiFi".

Or is it the WiFi card in the computer that's not working?

Edit I'm to slow!

on the back of the router, there is a small hole. that is the reset button inside. use a toothpick. and with the power on, use the toothpick and press that button for 10 seconds. remove the toothpick, give the router time to reboot. the router will be at its factory settings. use the install manual or online install procedure.