Is SP3 now safe to load>

Well it hasn't changed since the day it was released. SP3 is SP3. It isn't now SP3 1/2, or SP4, it is SP3.

It is safe to install, it always has been.

The only time something may go wrong is if the computer was a mess to begin with.

Well it hasn't changed since the day it was released. SP3 is SP3. It isn't now SP3 1/2, or SP4, it is SP3.

It is safe to install, it always has been.

The only time something may go wrong is if the computer was a mess to begin with.

Thanks for the feedback. My machine is clean and problem free. The only reason I never installed it was because the experts at PC Pitstoped talked about all the horror stories about people who installed it when it first came out. They are the ones who highly recommend that it not be installed.

Edited by reel serious

Thanks for the feedback. My machine is clean and problem free. The only reason I never installed it was because the experts at PC Pitstoped talked about all the horror stories about people who installed it when it first came out. They are the ones who highly recommend that it not be installed.

:blink:

first time i've heard of that. who are these "experts"?

these newsletters i believe were overly biased. the main problem with sp3 was the crap ability of software makers to write patches for the rest of the stuff on your computer to be able to work with sp3. they have plenty of time to do this, yet don't

most anything you'll use though has been patched and is fine to install sp3.

another issue w/ the newsletter is all the problems actually installing sp3 and it crashing the computer. i've installed sp3 numerous times and know several other that have aswell and none have experienced the issues talked about in the newsletter.

it was almost to the point where i wish a letter was sent out apologizing for the near panic over installing sp3 it would lead you to believe. ahwell

Thanks again for the feedback. Having looked at all the links and instructions, it makes you wonder how someone other than a "techno-geek" could keep up with what is required to keep Microsoft products useable (said another way....how well would a car brand sell if you needed to be a master mechanic just to keep it on the road on a daily basis). Thanks again....when I have a few hours to kill I will do the 35 steps to install SP3. Thanks Microsoft. :o)