Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corpsecrank

Easily Restore Desktop Icon Positions

Ever play a game or launch a program or perform any other operation that changes the position of your icons on your desktop. I know I have and it always frustrates me to no end. Those days are over thanks to this handy little program.

Desktop Restore

This program is a shell extension. When you install it and right click an empty area of your desktop you will see a new option to save your desktop. You can restore your saved desktop the same way. You can also save your desktop and name it which allows you to save multiple desktop layout if you want.

I found this small little app to be very useful when gaming simply because some games change the resolution when they load and cause the icons to scatter every time you play the game. This is the fastest easiest way around that issue.

Not so sure I'd want an additional program just to restore/realign my desktop icons, besides, never had a problem with a program or game moving them.

Not so sure I'd want an additional program just to restore/realign my desktop icons, besides, never had a problem with a program or game moving them.

If it never happens then you wouldn't need it. But for anyone that has a game or something else that frequently changes the icon positions this is the easiest way to deal with it. Really windows should have something like this built in but it doesn't.

I actually use ultramon to manage my desktop settings since I have dual monitors running but it has the same option in it also.