not true. i've gone grocery shopping, burned a few movies, made some progress with a few games of mine, vacuumed, did laundry, cleaned one of my bathrooms, cooked several meals.

i've accomplished quite a bit. :P

:laughing:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not true. i've gone grocery shopping, burned a few movies, made some progress with a few games of mine, vacuumed, did laundry, cleaned one of my bathrooms, cooked several meals.

i've accomplished quite a bit. :P

my thoughts exactly, and i got 3 hours of sleep last night :nitey:

He would have to wait a while for the 5000 series to drop into his price range though. Either that, or he would have to save up his money in order to purchase it when it comes out.

My personal opinion on this is to wait and save up as it seems that it is the best course of action. If you buy one of the cards available today, you're essentially paying for old technology.

oh so now a 4870 wont play future games here we go.... i knew we would go down that road..... not worth my time to wait for the 5000 series and not worth the money its going to cost, not to mention also the time it will take to reduce in price......

As will your 4870, no?

Except for the fact that it probably will!

P.S. Amd, Adam was saying it will, and I agree. You will be able to play most new releases for the next year or so at least.

I used my 7900GS for almost 13 months before I upgraded, and the 8800 series was out by then. Then I got my 8800GT in SLI and have been using that until I just decided to treat myself with a 280 GTX as a birthday present.

I don't forsee a VGA upgrade for at least 2 years now.

Edited by porksandwich9113

As far as future games goes, the FPS percentage difference between your 4870 and 4890 shrink even more. As time goes by, the cards will become more and more similar until you cannot notice a difference between the two.

So, by your own logic, you should wait to upgrade as it seems that being able to play future games is a priority for you.

oh so now a 4870 wont play future games here we go.... i knew we would go down that road..... not worth my time to wait for the 5000 series and not worth the money its going to cost, not to mention also the time it will take to reduce in price......

not worth your time to wait?

well if thats the case, you should really head on over to newegg!! there on a huge sale. any of the cards you mentioned probably wont be there for that much longer!! i mean i think i can speak for everyone, amd-rules when your right your are most right. the 4890 kills the competition, maybe you should become ATI's spokesman? you are a most dedicated fan to stick with a 10% jump in performance :rolleyes:

not worth the money its going to cost?

well this is coming from someone who wants to make a "huge jump" from the measly little 4870, to that monster of a card the 4890. :rolleyes::lol:

amd-rules, seriously though its your money, just go buy the card already, if its not worth the time of our fellow pc pitstop members to try and help guide you, then go and get the card, i dont see why your still talking about it, you obviously know 10x the amount of all the members here that tried to help you. :lol:

you obviously made your mind up even before you started this thread, and i think you really love the attention your thread gets. :rolleyes:

in all honesty, when i buitl this system, i should have waited til the 4800 series came out, and people said i should wait, well did not wait, for different reasons then yourself though. but this card handles every game i have played at reasonable frame rates, even crysis plays decent for me on me 1440 x 900 monitor.

Wait. I still dont see a single game out there that uses more then a 4850?? Call of Duty has to be the only one that does not have a sub average engine to be able to actually run games.

Until developers start using better engines, or codes, or keep games stable, mid range cards will fully use the games capability.

Call of Duty 5. My little brothers PC (E6750 and 8800GTX) is Capped at the 91 FPS mark. My PC is capped at 91 FPS. Why? Game was made perfect. Excellent graphics, decent physics, all well.

If your upgrading for games like Crysis or Fallout, dont do it. Horrible Engine.

OC your card atleast 15% and you will see the same performance as a 4890. If your reading specs, have you noticed that they are identical on paper but only clocks are higher? You can do the same and just buy yourself the 28" and game on!! B)

I agree with kido there.

If you can already play all of your games (cept crysis)

at max setting and a nice big resolution at 40-50+ fps you have nothing to complain about.

Come ask us what you should get when it doesn't go above 30, iight.

so yeah... if its over 40fps your never going to tell the difference in reality.

Save your money and wait. Course that point your going to need a bigger power supply... then we'll have 20pages of nothing trying to help you with a good purchase.

IMO leave what you have, go outside and run around for a bit, or even use that $250 and buy a bike.

so yeah... if its over 40fps your never going to tell the difference in reality.

Save your money and wait. Course that point your going to need a bigger power supply... then we'll have 20pages of nothing trying to help you with a good purchase.

IMO leave what you have, go outside and run around for a bit, or even use that $250 and buy a bike.

LOL :rofl2::rofl2:

i found a really good benchmark should look into :tup:

it supports my 200 or more fps at crysis at max settings including full AA

Posted Image

:rofl3:

Brandon needs to see that