Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nonothing

?Virus?Malware?HD?

Got a weird one. When I boot up my Latitude D610 laptop I get 2 error msgs saying that windows xp was unable to load the local profile. It then starts as a temp user so I have access to the basics but not to any of my saved docs and some prgrms. Otherwise everything works fine and at norm speed. I can log on in safe mode but of course that only gets me limited access. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hello nonothing :wp:

What Anti virus software do you use? Is it Updated ? Have you tried scanning using it with updated definitions, under "Full scan"?

Lets try this, Download the latest version of Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

• Close all other applications and double-click and run the installer.
  • When AVPTool starts, select all the scanable items except for CD-ROM drives.
  • After that click on Security level (1) then choose Customize (2) then click on the tab that says Heuristic Analyzer (3) then choose Enable deep rootkit search (4) and then choose OK.

Posted Image

• Then choose OK again to go back to the main screen and click the Scan button.
  • If malware is detected, place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click the Delete button (or Disinfect if the button is active).
  • After the scan finishes, if any threat remains in the Scan window (Red exclamation point), click the Neutralize all button
  • In the window that opens, place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click the Delete button (or Disinfect if the button is active).
  • If advised that a special disinfection procedure is required which demands system reboot: click the Ok button to close the window.
  • In the Scan window click the Reports button and select Save to file.
  • Name the report AVPT.txt, and save it to the Desktop.
  • Close AVPTool.
  • You will be prompted if you want to uninstall the program; click Yes.
  • You will then be prompted that to complete the uninstallation, the computer must be restarted. Select Yes to restart the system.
  • Copy and paste the first part of the report (Detected) that you saved in your next reply. Do not include the longer list marked Events.
Lets try the above an post the log as directed . :)

Wademan