Change Mode

Internet switching websites without me clicking anything

Hi all,

I was online today on the same websites I always go to and am very familiar with. All of a sudden, the site I was on switched itself over to another site I had never been to. I immediately clicked back to my homepage and looked at my recent history. Aside from the normal sites I had been it, the history said I was just at valarysearch. com, clickndirect. com, and also listed findwhat.dll, go.php, and click.valary.

Has anyone heard of these and if they can harm my computer in any way??

I really don't think I had a stray click when I was online. Nothing has happened since, but it's only been a few minutes. I have the trial version of Norton Internet Security. I ran a Quick Scan and everything came up clear. I am currently running the Full System Scan.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Kristen

Hello kristen,

I would add on top of spybot, which badbinary advised you to try is use this as well as it scans way deeper than spybot does, especially for this type of spyware. > Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.

Click OK for either of the prompts and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.

If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

* You can also access the log by doing the following:

o Click on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware icon to launch the program.

o Click on the Logs tab.

o Click on the log at the bottom of those listed to highlight it.

o Click Open.

Tutorial if needed : http://thespykiller.co.uk/index.php/topic,5946.0.html

I would also advise getting Spyware Blaster if you do not already have it as it can block over 13,000 bad websites. It is Free an uses no PC resources. Download here> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html once downloaded, update it an make sure under "protection Status" that you select near the bottom "enable all protection".

So, post the logs from spybot, Malwarebytes, an get Spyware Blaster. And also tell us how your pc is running after the advised scans are ran. :)

Wademan

You have encountered a DNS 'hijacker'

Open a command prompt....from the Start menu, select Run > In the box/"open field", enter cmd.exe

enter ipconfig /flushdns press 'enter'

Posted Image

Successful DNS Flush /\

Follow Wademan's instructions

I'm going to move this topic to our Viruses/Spyware/Adware forum