PC Pitstop from 20% to 12% after makinig adjustments? Please Help!

So i have this computer from my late brother that was riddled with spyware. I used spybot search and destroy and ad-ware and removed everythign ran it a few times and then ran Tweaknow to clean the registry. I then installed a ton of software on this computer for web design and editing (photoshop suite and microsoft office frontpage products etc. The computer was working fine i use it at home to do some sidework the past few days i have noticed the computer typing reaction time slowing and also the taking lonoger to load pages and surf the web. so i decided to do a google search i searched for "slow keyboard response" "slow mouse response" etc. i then found this link.

http://spywareinfoforum.com/lofiversion/in...php/t36358.html it seems to be have been responded to by someone from this forum but i searched the member and have not found them(Swandog46). in his link he asks to run the pitstop scan so i did. when i did it said i was in the 20%tile i fixed all of the 12 errors (from changing tcipi setting for the in the registry to the way EVERYTHING looks from files to browser windows it also chaned the way photos are viewed and i'd like to change that back) after making all the suggested changes the computer is slower and worlking worse then ever. after scanning again it is in the 12%tile and is not working properly any suggestions would be great. i have the hijackthis log let me know if that i will help. the link to my pc pitstop results is http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?c...6030&report

:wp:

If you have followed the malware removal suggestions in the pinned topics in the viruses and spyware forum, then the next step would be to post your HiJackThis log here:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=25

However, before doing that, go to Start>Control Panel>PowerOptions and verify that the setting is for 'Always On' or 'Home/Office'.

:wp:

If you have followed the malware removal suggestions in the pinned topics in the viruses and spyware forum, then the next step would be to post your HiJackThis log here:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=25

However, before doing that, go to Start>Control Panel>PowerOptions and verify that the setting is for 'Always On' or 'Home/Office'.

I have done all of the above and listed the hijack this log. but i dont' think there is spyware left i think its becuase i changed so many setting and regedit from the suggestions of the pitstop scan and with every scan my performance gets worse and worse? thanks for your reply

Hi stumped22,

It appears that when you ran your last PCPitstop Full Tests, you had (3) three windows of Internet Explorer open.

That will reduce your machine's rated performance all by itself due to consumption of RAM resources.

Go back and run the PCPitstop Full Tests again, with all other applications closed.

You don't appear to have an Antivirus running on that machine. Yikes!!

Get one installed right away!

Avira

AVG

Avast!

all offer good "free" antivirus utilities.

Best Regards

stumped22,

I now also see that you have already followed Intelguy's excellent instructions to post to our HJT Logs Forum for assistance from one of our Trusted Advisors.

You do apparently have some malware problems that need expert attention.

It would be better to wait until you receive a reply and instructions from your Trusted Advisor, before following any additional advice or instructions here in this Forum.

Therefore, please defer and do not follow my above instructions at this time.

Best Regards

Hi stumped22,

It appears that when you ran your last PCPitstop Full Tests, you had (3) three windows of Internet Explorer open.

That will reduce your machine's rated performance all by itself due to consumption of RAM resources.

Go back and run the PCPitstop Full Tests again, with all other applications closed.

You don't appear to have an Antivirus running on that machine. Yikes!!

Get one installed right away!

Avira

AVG

Avast!

all offer good "free" antivirus utilities.

Best Regards

thanks so much for the reply. i use avg on my other computers and i just inherited this problem.. i thought it was installed on here but now that you say i see its not. i had it on his other computer i also inherited and was riddled with spyware that i fixed.

but i think i found out one reason why there is loading and problems with how slow things open and close is somewhere over the past 3 days i got the YOOG search malware. i did some searches last night and did everything they said and it comes back everytime. i deleteed all registry entires and other yoog related files in the xplorer an addon folders and i still have it>>>>>> i am going to close all windows and run again but i am having the hardest time removing YOOG??? any suggestions? thanks again for your reply i really appreicate it.

scott

stumped22,

I now also see that you have already followed Intelguy's excellent instructions to post to our HJT Logs Forum for assistance from one of our Trusted Advisors.

You do apparently have some malware problems that need expert attention.

It would be better to wait until you receive a reply and instructions from your Trusted Advisor, before following any additional advice or instructions here in this Forum.

Therefore, please defer and do not follow my above instructions at this time.

Best Regards

thanks for your help! i will be waiting!