get checked from a malware expert

download and install hijackthis

and post a log in the malware/hijackthis forum

http://filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/

Do a system scan and save a logfile

and copy/paste in a new topic here

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=25

give a brief description and wait to hear from one of the experts

I did everything, opened the PC up, looked for 5 pairs of pins etc etc. Everything looked fine. I ran PC Doctor and it also showed I had problems with the USB Host Controllers but had no fix. Said it was "Misconfigured"

EDIT: I'll go try what you just said, mme.

Edited by kowy

can you trouble shoot the USB drivers and see if it shows a error code

just right click on the USB and select properties

under driver tab it should or may show a error

post the error code of if possible

kowy,

Were the usb ports fuunctioning ok before the Vundo? If you havent already posted a hijackthis log, perhaps a system restore to a day or 2 before would do the trick. If youve posted a log dont do a restore. Wait for the advisor.

I honestly have no idea but I'm sure it was okay. I haven't touched my USB ports for awhile (over a month or so). My phone charger broke, so I tried charging with the usb charger. That didn't work, so I tried using other USB devices. I've tried System Restore :(

Edited by kowy

The reason I brought up system restore, recently my sister had problems with her dsl connection. She spent hours upon hours with tech support. It was resolved after a month of headaches by doing a system restore to a date she knew it was working properly. Sometimes the fix can be simple. You would need to reinstall any updates you had done after the restore date though.

Edit- Since you tried the restore, post a log in the hijackthis forum as recommeneded by mme. Wait for the advisor. Lets make sure youre pc is not infected.

Sorry I couldnt help more. :(

Edited by Zowie

heres a quote

This solution worked for the guy who suggested it and it worked for me. Having the exact same problem described here with error code 41 and working keyboard (usb and ps2) up until windows loads drivers. I didn't even delete the Upper Filters entry, just the mention of lxsassc.exe.

Very last posting listed as solved.

(Quoted Text)

"I solved my problem by removing an item from the UpperFilters for the keyboard in the registry. It's under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

There was an entry for registry key which was leftover from spyware removal action."

Start/Run regedit/click ok

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:

Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

create a back of registry key

right click on the registry key

click on export

name the key save it to desktop

then click save

that way if you have problem

you can merge it back

and it a good thing to make sure that system restore is on

restart your computer after you delete upper and lower filters

then try your usb .................devices

Edited by mme

I deleted a registry that related to my keyboard, reboot, and it stopped working. I went ahead and figured the easiest way for this issue to be gone is complete a non destructive system recovery. And now the problem's gone! Thank you everybody who has contributed to this thread.