Brand Spanking New Dell

well i found a dell deal on this computer and it arived at my doorstep for 506 dollars. See what u guys Think About it and also i need some advice for a good video card - i don't game but i would like to watch some fairly high quality video and hdmi out with sound is a big plus, as i currently have it hooked up to vga through my tv. http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=22001227

not the best score for that sort of cash but ok i guess, the asus 9500gt is a good card i use one myself with my 24"HD monitor the card has vga dvi and hdmi out i watch a lot of bluray 1080i movies and the picture is out of this world.

Also you have a good soundcard im guessing it must have audio optical out or spdif out atleast to connect to your tv or home theatre amp

Edited by got the flavor

not the best score for that sort of cash but ok i guess, the asus 9500gt is a good card i use one myself with my 24"HD monitor the card has vga dvi and hdmi out i watch a lot of bluray 1080i movies and the picture is out of this world.

Also you have a good soundcard im guessing it must have audio optical out or spdif out atleast to connect to your tv or home theatre amp

is their a particular video card which will output sound over the hdmi too or am i still gonna have to buy a sound card in addition to the video card

HDMI is both Sound and Video..

As of right now I have THIS (just waiting for my new one...) And I have it really overclocked and plays all games etc. and I also watch some blue-ray on my pc..

And it puts out sound and audio! As HDMI does both..

I get 1080p so it is a lot better than 1080i (1080i is almost less than 720p) i= interlaced p- progressive..

HDMI is both Sound and Video..

As of right now I have THIS (just waiting for my new one...) And I have it really overclocked and plays all games etc. and I also watch some blue-ray on my pc..

And it puts out sound and audio! As HDMI does both..

I get 1080p so it is a lot better than 1080i (1080i is almost less than 720p) i= interlaced p- progressive..

thanks lugnut i'm pretty sure i have a pcie1X16 so i can't us a 2.0 card i do have a 350w ps from dell with the 6 pin connector for pcie and really would like to keep everything i got just change from onboard video to a card with hdmi. i also would like to keep it quite since it is in my living room. BTW thanks for all the help u guys

Holy Crap that opens up the possiblities!!! I did not kno that Thanks for all of Your help

Keep in mind, you will need at least a 450W PSU if you go the 4850 route but it's well worth it.

I would have to agree with TX!

I mean it looks like you only have one hard drive and not to much guts in there.

Although it does have a 6 pin connector (although the 4670 does not use one)

Dell's psu's?? Never had a dell. I have heard some bad things about them and some good things about them..

Still wavering on the side of caution I would get what the card suggests! You dont wanna blow your computer right off the bat!