missing ieencode.dll.000

Hello. After upgrading to internet explorer version 8 I try to uninstall but error message was cannot find ieencode.dll.000 the uninstall cannot not be done. Internet is unstable and I cannot get to some websites as it will have to be closed. The system restore did not work and now it seems I have to completely reformate my pc which I did not want to do now. Any help I would appreicate very much. Thanks and hope someone can let me know if this is a virus or just a file missing. I do not have that file anywhere on my pc as I have already did a search for it. Please help. Thanks

Hello. After upgrading to internet explorer version 8 I try to uninstall but error message was cannot find ieencode.dll.000 the uninstall cannot not be done. Internet is unstable and I cannot get to some websites as it will have to be closed. The system restore did not work and now it seems I have to completely reformate my pc which I did not want to do now. Any help I would appreicate very much. Thanks and hope someone can let me know if this is a virus or just a file missing. I do not have that file anywhere on my pc as I have already did a search for it. Please help. Thanks

My broswer keep crashing and so every time I went to certain web site like the help and support it would crash. I tried to suggestions to remove internet 8 and even removed the service pack 3 as suggested but to no avail. If you think of anything else thanks!
  • 11 months later...

This is a basic uninstall doc from Microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

If that doesn't do it, here were the steps I took.

Run the following command from command prompt.

%windir%\ie8\spuninst\spuninst.exe

Internet Explorer will start to try to uninstall.

Below I have included the location of files the uninstall will hang on. Paste in the

directories for a quick uninstall.

hmmapi.dll.mui

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\en-US

ieakmmc.chm

C:\windows\ie7

C:\windows\help

C:\i386

inetcorp.iem

C:\WINDOWS\inf\IEM\0409

windows feed discovered.wav

C:\windows\media

advpack.dll.mui

C:\windows\system32

admparse.dll.mui

C:\windows\system32\en-US

ieencode.dll.000

this file will not be found on the system.

You will have to copy ieenocde.dll and add the .000 extension

Copy the file from: C:\windows\ie8

Paste to the same directory.

Rename the file to ieencode.dll.000

Proceed

Restart.

Thanks,

Robert Muller

www.businesstg.com

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much for this, Robert. I was trying to uninstall IE8 too and managed to get through the other files by using 'Find' but I couldn't work out why I couldn't find ieencode.dll.000 until I found your answer above. That's been a great help.

Cheers,

Carol