Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

Drivers

It won't be long now before I try installing my disk from Bruce. I have a question.....The computer I'm going to put it on is a Dell that is about 6 years old. It came with W2K Pro installed. After a virus of some type wiped out the hard drive.....(no one here at work was able to fix it).....I obtained the computer for a very good price...(free) There are no disks for this machine. How do I go about prepairing the hard drive......? When I install the Opensuse disk...are there "generic" drivers that allow its operation or will I have to find out what drivers I need and download them from Dell? Thanks...and I guess I'll be a regular poster here now! :P

when you install opensuse it will format the HD for you. as for drivers you should be good to go . i have a older emachine and opensuse had all i needed.

also before installing watch the video bruse did on installing . you can find it here http://itsyourpc.org/Tutorials/

drivers are already built into the operating system for most things and it wouldn't surprised me if you didn't need anything. ;)

Thanks for the replies.....and I'll watch the video too. Still need to pick up a monitor ....just haven't had the time.