Unable to run PcPitStop Tests/Scans

adkron

Hi,

If I goto PC PitStop Tests/Scasns and click a drop down menu appears with options. The fist option is, ”Full Tests.” When I click on it I hear a loud click and get a visible yellow explosion sign. If I hold down the Ctrl key this doesn’t happen and in this case nothing else does either. So I can’t even run a test to see what is wrong. Any suggestion on what to do other than trash this computer?

Thanks,

adkron

Can you get there from clicking on this link?:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/

Hi,

I copied and pasted the link and got to the page and tried to run the test/scan. Here is what happened:

I received this message:

“Scan this System Now”

I clicked it:

“Entering the Pit” appeared followed by:

“PC Pitstop utility did not load

NOTE: If you are using Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, or later, look at the top of this page and see if the yellow Information Bar is displaying a message about PC Pitstop. If so, click the Information Bar and select "Install ActiveX Control".

We were unable to install the PC Pitstop utility. Here are the most common causes and solutions to the problem. For more information, see our troubleshooting page or ask for help on our forums (free; separate registration required).”

I click the troubledhooyomg page link and get:

Test Your ActiveX Installation

This page tests whether you have your browser properly configured to download, authenticate, install, and display ActiveX controls, and manipulate them with JavaScript.

When prompted with a certificate, please accept it. The current date and time should appear below:

If you see the current date and time displayed above, congratulations! ActiveX and scripting are working properly. (If you see a date and time but it isn't the right time, your PC's clock is set wrong! Double-click the time in the system tray to correct it.)

If, instead of the time, you see a box with a small x in it, either:

 ActiveX is not supported: Use Internet Explorer to view the site.

 ActiveX is not enabled: See these instructions to enable ActiveX.

 You didn't accept the certificate: You must click Yes on the security certificate to load the ActiveX control.

 You are using an ad blocker, popup stopper, or firewall that blocks ActiveX: Disable these utilities to see if they are the cause.

 Your system has spyware installed or a virus that interferes with ActiveX: Scan for spyware with a product like Pest Patrol or Panda, available in our store.

If you see a blank space, ActiveX is probably working properly, but not scripting. Check your security settings for scripting.

If you see the message ActiveX is not supported, then your browser doesn't recognize ActiveX at all. Netscape, Opera, or other browsers usually do not support ActiveX.

When you think you've corrected any problem you are having with this, simply refresh the page [press F5] to try again

I am no, “ prompted with a certificate” (what ever that means) so I go to the next step which is:

“If you see the current date and time displayed above, congratulations”

I don’t see this so I go to the next step:

“If, instead of the time, you see a box with a small x in it, either: “

I don’t see a box with a small x so I go to:

“If, instead of the time, you see a box with a small x in it, either:”

I don’t see a blank space or any thing wlse duggested so what do I do?

Thanks,

adkron

What web browser are you using?

Hi IntelGuy,

My browser is Explorer (I think Explorer 7).

Additionally, when I click on File/Properties a drop down menu appears that says Properties and under the General Tab it says:

"PC Pitstop Forums -> Replying in Unable to run PcPitStop Tests/Scans"

I don't know if this info. helps but there it is.

Thanks,

adkron

Can you get a screen shot of the yellow explosion sign?

What is your result from running our Active X test?:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/testax.asp

Hi IntelGuy,

I had to hold down the CTRL and right click the link than open it in another window to get there. When I did this is what I saw.

"Test Your ActiveX Installation

This page tests whether you have your browser properly configured to download, authenticate, install, and display ActiveX controls, and manipulate them with JavaScript.

When prompted with a certificate, please accept it. The current date and time should appear below:

If you see the current date and time displayed above, congratulations! ActiveX and scripting are working properly. (If you see a date and time but it isn't the right time, your PC's clock is set wrong! Double-click the time in the system tray to correct it.)

If, instead of the time, you see a box with a small x in it, either:

ActiveX is not supported: Use Internet Explorer to view the site.

ActiveX is not enabled: See these instructions to enable ActiveX.

You didn't accept the certificate: You must click Yes on the security certificate to load the ActiveX control.

You are using an ad blocker, popup stopper, or firewall that blocks ActiveX: Disable these utilities to see if they are the cause.

Your system has spyware installed or a virus that interferes with ActiveX: Scan for spyware with a product like Pest Patrol or Panda, available in our store.

If you see a blank space, ActiveX is probably working properly, but not scripting. Check your security settings for scripting.

If you see the message ActiveX is not supported, then your browser doesn't recognize ActiveX at all. Netscape, Opera, or other browsers usually do not support ActiveX.

When you think you've corrected any problem you are having with this, simply refresh the page [press F5] to try again. "

I do not see a "certificate" or a small red x or anything else so I don’t know what to do to test for “Active x.”

Thanks,

adkron