Change Mode

TF2 Problems, HELP ME!

Hmmm... :shrug: It's still only doin 30FPS? I dunna but that card should be able to do better than that. If you haven't had it very long(less that 30 days) you might think about steppin up to a 4850 or a 9600GT.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a search for Driver Cleaner Pro, download it and the latest vid driver. Uninstall your current driver then use DCP, reboot and install the new driver and see if that helps.

Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system.

Setup will now exit.

thats what i got when i tried to download the drivers.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wind...mp;lang=English

Do i clean all of ATI with the DCP, or ATI CCC only, i did both and it deleted a bunch of stuff.

Edited by TF2 Angry Man

Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system.

Setup will now exit.

thats what i got when i tried to download the drivers.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wind...mp;lang=English

Do i clean all of ATI with the DCP, or ATI CCC only, i did both and it deleted a bunch of stuff.

Yes clean all of ATI and try this link for your drivers but remember to reboot after using DCP.

ok, just downloaded the new drivers, got them installed, i could tell it worked cause of the big difference in appearance at startup. Is that it? or is there something else i need to do.

do i have to install the Folding @ home?

Edited by TF2 Angry Man

ok, just downloaded the new drivers, got them installed, i could tell it worked cause of the big difference in appearance at startup. Is that it? or is there something else i need to do.

do i have to install the Folding @ home?

You don't have to install Folding @ Home but if you want to contribute your PC to science(medical research) while you're not using it, that would be a noble gesture.

If you're interested in it, check this out.

So is it plating your game as you expected now?

nope, still the same, but i think i did it wrong, im gonna try it a different way tomorrow.

I just got done playing for a good 2 hours straight on TF2, and i went to go check my ATI Overdrive temp and it didnt change at all from 59 degrees. Isnt it supposed to get hotter after activity for a length of time?

ok you may have already done this, but if you have never dealt with a more powerful card then that 9600SE then you may have over looked that your new 3850 needs extra power, so make sure you have the extra PCI-E connector and connect it to the card, newer cards need more juice from your power supply.

can you let us know

1. what power supply you have installed

(this way we can see if it has the power to run that card)

2. how many watts it has

EDIT: forgot to put number 2 :lol:

Edited by BigJoe5434

If the pit test is showing the correct system Its an Agp card.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/pr...d=227&grp=2

450Watt or greater power supply with 30Amps on 12 volt with 2x4 power connector recommanded.

It's funny, that main page says AGP, yet the card is a PCIe and the spec sheet says PCIe 16.

Posted Image

ok you may have already done this, but if you have never dealt with a more powerful card then that 9600SE then you may have over looked that your new 3850 needs extra power, so make sure you have the extra PCI-E connector and connect it to the card, newer cards need more juice from your power supply.

can you let us know

2. how many watts it has

Ok, first of all, how do i figure this info out, sorry im bad with this stuff. And 2, that is the exact card i have whoever posted the link.

can you let us know

2. how many watts it has

K, info straight off the power supply:

Pentium4 ready

Intel 12v

HEC-300AR-T

+5V8+3.3V Combined 180W

Inputs 50-60 Hz

Total Output 300W

TF2 AngryMan-

Heres your motherboard- (according to the pit test)

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d865perl/

Your Video Card-

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/pr...d=227&grp=2

Your Power Supply-

Pentium4 ready

Intel 12v

HEC-300AR-T

+5V8+3.3V Combined 180W

Inputs 50-60 Hz

Total Output 300W

I dont know what remedy you have with this combination if any but Im sure someone here knows.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102730

yea like brown hornet said, i think this one is similar but different than the one he posted, it does have 450W req. as well, so it is my power supply that needs upgraded then?

Can i get some ideas of what to get, and how much and im looking to have to spend for a new one if this is the case.

Well Alright, I will look into getting that.

A Big Thanks to everyone here who helped me out, i never thought i woulda figured out the problem. maybe ill get something better than 30 fps now! lol

Thanks Again!

EDIT: Just one more question, Would getting the suggested power supply be too much on my processor, because i have a pretty old computer, and i dont know what the deal would be with that, if it would overheat the thing or not.

Edited by TF2 Angry Man