Sign in to follow this  
tommyscouse

connected network but no page

Got a brand new acer laptop, with vista basic, it tells me network connected but 90% of time IE just brings the usuall message up cannot connect/find site!!!!! really really annoying, my router is a netgear one, im on virgin.. never ever ever had this problem with my old laptop with xp a month ago.. The problem seems to be IE as ive downloaded the new google browser and it works ok ish but its only the beta version so.

when i click on my network it shows a green line running from router to network and then from network to web, but then it dies and a cross come on from network to web.. is my router buggered... i give up its doing my head in,, brand new laptop and cant use correctly :pullhair::pullhair:

Got a brand new acer laptop, with vista basic, it tells me network connected but 90% of time IE just brings the usuall message up cannot connect/find site!!!!! really really annoying, my router is a netgear one, im on virgin.. never ever ever had this problem with my old laptop with xp a month ago.. The problem seems to be IE as ive downloaded the new google browser and it works ok ish but its only the beta version so.

when i click on my network it shows a green line running from router to network and then from network to web, but then it dies and a cross come on from network to web.. is my router buggered... i give up its doing my head in,, brand new laptop and cant use correctly :pullhair::pullhair:

open network connections

right click on your connrction type and choose status

the numbers chane you are online. if the numbers dont increase your offlone